1 of 1 - 1968 Barracuda Formula S Convertable 383-4spd

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of taking photo's for v8tv.com again this year of Autorama Detroit. There are 500+ pictures and I'll link to them on that site when they get posted.

But in the meantime I was blown away with this car. The detail, the cleanliness...everything about it screams mind blown.

Thanks,

Riddler

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

Neat car.

1 of 1 with all those particular combination of options IN GALEN'S REGISTRY.

That 1 of 1 claim is extremely over hyped and mis-construed. But one of none with those trim rings.

shifter looks odd? Looks straight as opposed to factory inland or late curved Hurst. Maybe just angle.

Grille insert is a chromed edge piece from a Spring Special optioned car that also had a red tape insert between the upper and lower trunk trim.

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous! I saw a similar (383 S 4 spd vert) at Moparfest in 2015. Not as nice as above, but nice nonetheless. Blue on blue.
Thanks for posting Riddler

White really highlites the lines on 2nd gen Cudas... and that intrrior is really rich !

no... I mean I dont know what the custom portion was. It looks stock to me.
what am I missing ?

Where's Waldo ?? lol

Red carpet with white interior? I think not, though I do like it!

That's a factory combo. My 68 340-S coupe came with the same combo with bench and std interior.

STANDARD:

H5V and H6V

37.jpg

DELUXE:

D6V and D6V

39.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car !!
As mentioned the shifter is strIght .
Why just why ?
The stock curved one looks way better !!!
But the car does look sweet !!!

Nice car !!
As mentioned the shifter is strIght .
Why just why ?
The stock curved one looks way better !!!
But the car does look sweet !!!

Maybe a comp plus or a super shifter or...?

Looks like a car with some subtle personal touches.

I thought the real built option records for 69/69 were lost, just 69? How do you confirm 1 of if there are no official actual production option records around to prove it!

The car is sweet regardless! BB 4 speed verts are nearly 1 of to start with!

Last edited:
I thought the real built option records for 69/69 were lost, just 69? How do you confirm 1 of if there are no official actual production option records around to prove it!

The car is sweet regardless! BB 4 speed verts are nearly 1 of to start with!

There are no records.

Read the info card carefully. It just says how many have those options that happen to be in Galen Govier's registry.

To me, the 1-1 claim is overrated! It is one of 42 with the 4 speed, the rarer optioned cars are the 7 automatics!!

Here's one of the 42 4 speed cars I've been trying to buy for years! This may be the only one left in original paint! Been in "storage" since 1971!!

IMG_3368.JPG

Nice car regardless of the mods. Yes, the 1 of 1 on Galen's list shouldn't be confused with only 1 ever built. My 66 Dart is 1 of 8 regestered on Galen's list (at the time it was regestered).

I'm trying!! Thursday was the first time I received a price!! Package deal with a 70 Challenger 340 4 speed car....$100k!! We're still a ways apart, but even getting a price was a start!!
Maybe that includes the property!

-
Back