[WANTED] 10 X 2.5 in rear drum brake assemblies for 8.75 diff.

-
A bunch wider

Have you not purchased the housing and axles yet?
Have not. Do not know what axles to order. Not sure I can pull this off. If I can't find rear drum brakes that can accomadate brake gap then it may be easier to find Kelsey Hayes front disk and stay with small bolt pattern. Do not want to go with aftermarket disk. Thought 74-76 A body was BBP was it not?

"Thought 74-76 A body was BBP was it not?"

Yes but with 8.25 if equiped with front disk

Unless you are stuck on Moser, contact Cass at Dr diff.

Tell him what you want and he can set you up.

I'm sure if you call Moser they can also get you setup correctly too.

You can have BBP B, C, E and truck / van 8 3/4 housing shortened to A body width with A body width perches add.

Then you have A body length axles made with the BBP B, C, E or truck / van brake back spacing.

You use BBP B, C, E or truck / van backing plates and drums

Bob that sounds like a lot but will contact Moser next week and see what they say. I have stopped all progress due to this issue and would like to get it resolved. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

The only backing plates I have are 10 x 1.75 for SBP axles.
You can make those work. The backing plates don't care what size bolt pattern the axles are. Moser makes LBP axles for use with the A-Body 1.75" brakes. You would probably have to redrill drums, but that's easy.
A30-CST-A45 - A-Body, 8 3/4" Rear Axle Shafts, Stock A-Body Drum Brake (Redrilled) -- 30 (Pair) - Moser Engineering

The beauty of it is you have a blank sheet of paper and can put together whatever you need.

If you need a back braced housing, maybe consider something stronger than an 8.75, like a Dana. If you already have the 8.75 pig set up though, that's different.

You can make those work. The backing plates don't care what size bolt pattern the axles are. Moser makes LBP axles for use with the A-Body 1.75" brakes. You would probably have to redrill drums, but that's easy.
A30-CST-A45 - A-Body, 8 3/4" Rear Axle Shafts, Stock A-Body Drum Brake (Redrilled) -- 30 (Pair) - Moser Engineering

The beauty of it is you have a blank sheet of paper and can put together whatever you need.

If you need a back braced housing, maybe consider something stronger than an 8.75, like a Dana. If you already have the 8.75 pig set up though, that's different.
Thanks for the that's what I want to here comment. I can see the light.

Glad to help. Just to be clear, I agree with Dana67Dart. My first contact would be Doctor Diff. Tell him what you're trying to accomplish, and he'll steer you in the right direction. I've never purchased from Moser, but I've done business with Doctor Diff and have been completely satisfied. He wants to be contacted by email or text only. I've read complaints on this forum by folks who tried to contact a different way and weren't happy with the results. Dr Diff shows 8.75 housings and 10x2.5 brake assemblies as out of stock, but it doesn't hurt to ask. As many here will attest, he's the first one to go to.
One other thing is that the 1.75" brakes will work, and you have at least some of the parts. They are a bit of a oddball setup and parts (drums) have been hard to get off and on. So, depending on how you'll use the car, the 10x2.5 are likely the better overall choice.

One other thing is that the 1.75" brakes will work
If you have 1.75" 8 3/4 backing plates and drums you will need A body brake back spacing axles.

As noted above, the drums will need to be redrilled for 5x4.5 and the center index MIGHT need to be made bigger (unless the axles are made with the smaller A body register)

If you have 1.75" 8 3/4 backing plates and drums you will need A body brake back spacing axles.

As noted above, the drums will need to be redrilled for 5x4.5 and the center index MIGHT need to be made bigger (unless the axles are made with the smaller A body register)
All correct. Moser sells the axles that will work, but if this is a clean sheet of paper build, it is wise to go to the much more common (and available) B-Body axle and brake configuration.

Well you guys were correct. Contacted Moser due to the ability to provide me a stamped housing. Will attempt to find E body rear drums at 10 x 2.5. Moser said not a problem with axles. Thanks for everyone's input. This just went from near impossible to a most doable project.

BTW you are going to get grief for using a Moser housing. They are designed for ford 9" 3rd members (center section) but they size the cutout to fit an 8 3/4"
If you are going to take the grief, might as well go with the stronger (firecracker lit :eek: ) ford 9"

Moser 9" made to fit an 8 3/4 center section (oval)
1712613381503.png

9" (Oval with a modified round)
1712613544488.png

Ford 9" (Oval)
1712613914070.png

Ford 9" (Oval)
1712614037102.png

8 3/4 (round)
1712613616484.png

8 3/4 (round)
1712613715374.png

BTW you are going to get grief for using a Moser housing. They are designed for ford 9" 3rd members (center section) but they size the cutout to fit an 8 3/4"
If you are going to take the grief, might as well go with the stronger (firecracker lit :eek: ) ford 9"

Moser 9" made to fit an 8 3/4 center section (oval)
View attachment 1716233611
9" (Oval with a modified round)
View attachment 1716233612
Ford 9" (Oval)
View attachment 1716233615

Ford 9" (Oval)
View attachment 1716233616

8 3/4 (round)
View attachment 1716233613

8 3/4 (round)
View attachment 1716233614
Well that just plain sucks. Thought it was oval looking in the pic. Cannot locate 8.75 that owner is willing to ship.

. Cannot locate 8.75 that owner is willing to ship
They are there. If you plan on having a B,C, E body cut down go on forBbodiesonly, forcCbodiesonly or forEbodiesonly and post am ad.

Not sure where you have been looking

They are there. If you plan on having a B,C, E body cut down go on forBbodiesonly, forcCbodiesonly or forEbodiesonly and post am ad.

Not sure where you have been looking
I have found B and E body housings on facebook marketplace and craigslist. Shipping, as I said, has been a big issue. I can purchase shipping container from Moser but requires me to ship it empty to people selling housing and again pay shipping cost to my residence.

I can purchase shipping container from Moser but requires me to ship it empty to people selling housing and again pay shipping cost to my residence
Yep that's what I did for one housing. But it was a real A body housing.

There is a how to I made for making a shipping box for the housing alone plus the weight etc

Yep that's what I did for one housing. But it was a real A body housing.

There is a how to I made for making a shipping box for the housing alone plus the weight etc
Thanks for sticking with me. Your comments are very appreciated.

I have a complete axle housing and axles from a 72 challenger E Body. No center section or backing plates. I can ship. I am in the San Antonio, Tx area.

-
Back