10's on $5,000 ?

-
... and by the way, the 1st post says "me, my son, and son-in-law". It's me and my wife doing the build :)
The only thing that keeps you out of the tens is constipation. Either a constipation of your tailpipe or constipation of your carburetion. Or possibly a constipation of the driver. Anyway this is no crap work on that constipation problem.

The only thing that keeps you out of the tens is constipation. Either a constipation of your tailpipe or constipation of your carburetion. Or possibly a constipation of the driver. Anyway this is no crap work on that constipation problem.
constipation isn't always a bad thing. Corn is fuel. Many run E85 in the 10's.

Motorhome 440 with pistons about .085 in the hole? How does the engine look overall on bores and such?

It’s been a while since I’ve watched the video on that. It’s a mid seventies external balance cast crank engine isn’t it?

Got any good heads for a big block at the present? I don’t think you’ll be able to make that decision until you pull the 440 apart to see what it’s going to take to turn it into a 10:1 engine. If you’re still following the budget of this thread, it may be most cost effective to add a BW turbo and blow through setup to it.

Got any good heads for a big block at the present? I don’t think you’ll be able to make that decision until you pull the 440 apart to see what it’s going to take to turn it into a 10:1 engine. If you’re still following the budget of this thread, it may be most cost effective to add a BW turbo and blow through setup to it.
well, i said i wanted to do it off of all throttle. Somewhere in this thread, plus another thread, I said that buying the truck would put a huge damper on us hitting a 10.99, but that we are still going to go as fast as we can. If it falls 11.6's, fine. If it goes 12.10, God bless us too! But we weren't going to move the goal post, just do the best we can. Although many foamed at the mouth at the thought of such a build and failed to see the fun, the journey, I can tell you the truck has been a complete blast of fun for us, and we have no regrets. :)

It's probably got the pistons with the huge eyebrows in a dish, too. With the .16 something below deck. There is probably enough clearance there for 4.15 inch crank with a thick head gasket. Not that I would tell someone to attempt that with the stock cast pistons...

Last edited:
Unless I stumble upon an extremely good deal, buying another 440 is not in the plans at this time. Well, maybe.... replace the 383 in my Magnum ?? LOL

-
Back