10's on $5,000 ?

-
That is all I had when I was younger, a gravel drive way by my parent's house. Built my first motor, a 360 sbm, in their house and Dad helped me build a tent out of tarps because it wouldn't stop raining for me to swap it in. I put that 360 mopar in a 62 ford pickup. Made my own mounts with the welder I had in their basement. FUN TIMES!!!
Yup. That's what dad's do!!

So, are you building a big block Dart now ? :D
3a7505e7566582c41a934e97ff880e61.jpg

Now my son found a '73 coronet 4 door that he's sure he wants to build just to Roadkill/hot rod/and beat on at the strip …… The truck was supposed to be that and now he wants his own

Now my son found a '73 coronet 4 door that he's sure he wants to build just to Roadkill/hot rod/and beat on at the strip …… The truck was supposed to be that and now he wants his own
My point is I'm not sure I want to build 2 of these things...… Seems like I'm 40 miles out to sea and hit a stump

You shouldn't have shown him those "Bottle Rocket" videos...

We'll see where it leads..... Right now my focus is cleaning up the portion of yard so I can get it leveled and gravel poured. Too many cars right now flooding our yard... lol - but I guess that's on me

1st gen fuselage dodges are kind of hot right now. Wouldn't be hard to sale it and go Uncle Tony with the coronet and swap the 440 into it.

You’d have to keep the Vector wheels off the truck, though... the cool factor alone is worth.3 on the strip! :D

If I went the Coronet route, you may want to look at how to put an A518 behind a 440. The .69 O.D. ratio would run 4.56 gears at 3.15:1. 29 inch drag radials at highway speed growth would run between 2200-2300 rpm to the strip. But I’d probably play it safe with trailering it and running 4.88s and a 727.

If I went the Coronet route, you may want to look at how to put an A518 behind a 440. The .69 O.D. ratio would run 4.56 gears at 3.15:1. 29 inch drag radials at highway speed growth would run between 2200-2300 rpm to the strip. But I’d probably play it safe with trailering it and running 4.88s and a 727.
Well, the coronet would be a build, but I'm not going to shoot for 10's on 5k with it. That would end this project. The coronet is cheap but still a few more hundred than the truck. Also, the coronet would be his and I don't think he is thinking something really fast, but more of a car to use and abuse - at the strip, smoky burnouts, and roadkill things he isn't willing to do with his new car.

When you get a 10 second time slip in a vehicle that passed track tech make sure you show us..

-
Back