10's on $5,000 ?

-
That is all I had when I was younger, a gravel drive way by my parent's house. Built my first motor, a 360 sbm, in their house and Dad helped me build a tent out of tarps because it wouldn't stop raining for me to swap it in. I put that 360 mopar in a 62 ford pickup. Made my own mounts with the welder I had in their basement. FUN TIMES!!!
yeah, I should be say'n the same thing... "when I was younger"... LOL. I should have done something a long long time ago. Hasn't stopped me from building on cars, though, but sure can slow things up. Now when I get the garage, it will be me slowing up.. LOL (trust me, I've slowed plenty)

Well, I will tell you the older I get, that piece of gravel that always gets you in the back hurts a lot worse. And, the nuts and bolts and little sockets are harder to find...

Glad you are getting a garage, make it as big as you can....
Are you building it yourself? It is a lot cheaper. I built our house and garage, with a LOT of help from my wife and son's, and my Dad.

Well, I will tell you the older I get, that piece of gravel that always gets you in the back hurts a lot worse. And, the nuts and bolts and little sockets are harder to find...

Glad you are getting a garage, make it as big as you can....
Are you building it yourself? It is a lot cheaper. I built our house and garage, with a LOT of help from my wife and son's, and my Dad.
I won't be building it. About the only thing I can build is my lap when I sit down :D Also, if I build we can add about another 10 years of time onto the project!. It won't be as big as I'd like, but it will get me out of the weather. Hoping for a 24x28. It will be a steel building.

Once I get my septic in I get to build a carport on the house. Thats the best I can hope for with the lot size.

I won't be building it. About the only thing I can build is my lap when I sit down :D Also, if I build we can add about another 10 years of time onto the project!. It won't be as big as I'd like, but it will get me out of the weather. Hoping for a 24x28. It will be a steel building.

Steel is probably the best way to go.

I understand about the time factor. My son's and I built my brother a small house a few years ago, like my own projects we did all of the dirt work with a wheel barrow and shovels. I didn't think we would ever get it done. It took a whole summer everyday. I made him hire out the drywall and he painted the walls himself, but the boys and I did everything else, from the dirt to the roof.

I am getting to old and sore and grouchy for that stuff anymore, but if we ever move I will probably build again, because I will never get too old to be a cheapskate.

^^^^^ This guy not only builds engines, he builds houses too. :thumbsup:

I have never figured out how to make much money, so I had to learn to do things myself....or, do without.
It would have been easier the other way around, but maybe not as much fun...

I was under the impression that a stock 5.9 Magnum was about 245 horsepower...
If I ever move to a place that has no DEQ requirements or they just quit doing it I'm putting a 4-barrel and headers on my truck!...
Life is too short to live in Commiefornia ;-)

To be perfectly clear I hope 318 definitely does tens on five(na), but in the back of my mind he's got the biggest crack pipe of all time... LOL...
Yellow rose used to jump up and down and get all mad and go around with me but since he bought me a cheeseburger he's mellowed out...
On the other hand I can still get 318 going LOL...:poke:...

To be perfectly clear I hope 318 definitely does tens on five(na), but in the back of my mind he's got the biggest crack pipe of all time... LOL...
Yellow rose used to jump up and down and get all mad and go around with me but since he bought me a cheeseburger he's mellowed out...

LOL. Older and wiser I am (unless you ask my wife).

I mean, you and everyone else fully understands that the truck added to the difficulty... If I was rock-chopp'n a '63 valiant to 2200 lbs and stuffing a 440 in it with fender well exit headers, I doubt there'd be but only a few doubters..... But no regrets on buying the truck :)

You can always buy a used Hayabusa. A buddy bought one for $4k. Much more exciting through a 1/4 mile than being strapped in a cage! Less fuel burn too.
yes, a crotch rocket would be the cheapest and easiest way to go 10's. But I'm a gluten for punishment :D

Maybe if I met you in person, I'd "understand" and feel for ya too...
:rofl:

I mean, you and everyone else fully understands that the truck added to the difficulty... If I was rock-chopp'n a '63 valiant to 2200 lbs and stuffing a 440 in it with fender well exit headers, I doubt there'd be but only a few doubters..... But no regrets on buying the truck :)
Screenshot_20191218-072232.png

I screenshotted this picture probably about two years ago specifically for you and here it is very relevant as always LOL...

View attachment 1715552677
I screenshotted this picture probably about two years ago specifically for you and here it is very relevant as always LOL...
What if my Mom and Dad hadn't met (rare chance)...… What if I hadn't met my wife (rare chance)… But my what if's are future projects - what if I added this or that ???? :)

there are many ways to run 10's in the 1/4 for 5k. I just picked the hardest way, because I like punishment :)
I think it's time to take the cab and box off the truck, strap in and run a 10 something. lol
Nothing say's it has to have a body, does it.
10's for 5 can be achieved in many ways. lol " 1500 # DEATH RIDE " DO YOU HAVE THE KAHUNAS .

I think it's time to take the cab and box off the truck, strap in and run a 10 something. lol
Nothing say's it has to have a body, does it.
10's for 5 can be achieved in many ways. lol " 1500 # DEATH RIDE "
Well, if it needs to be spelled out for them, I can. Here are a couple ways to get to 10's for 5k. I won't spell it all out:
  1. Snowmobile (yawn, what do you want me to do with the left over money?)
  2. Crotch Rocket (money left over)
  3. Build a high 12 second car, and spray it.

Well hells bells of course it's possible to do 10's on 5 with a snowmobile or motorcycle... Faaaaaaar.... From the point..
"IF"(LOL...) this was a snowmobile or motorcycle Forum I could see where that could possibly be part of the conversation, but it's a-body forum... As if this would be hard enough with an a-body a trucks got to get involved...
This is where the extremely hard turns into the close to impossible (na)...
Never let it be said that I didn't hope he did it or does it, BUT my personal common sense says :realcrazy:...

Well hells bells of course it's possible to do 10's on 5 with a snowmobile or motorcycle... Faaaaaaar.... From the point..
"IF"(LOL...) this was a snowmobile or motorcycle Forum I could see where that could possibly be part of the conversation, but it's a-body forum... As if this would be hard enough with an a-body a trucks got to get involved...
This is where the extremely hard turns into the close to impossible (na)...
Never let it be said that I didn't hope he did it or does it, BUT my personal common sense says :realcrazy:...
In my part of the country, finding a A-body (even 1975 4 door dart) worthy of 10's would kill the project on all motor just off the pricing of the car.

-
Back