11" brake Build Woes...

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
i bought a set of backing plates, they are 11x2's for my dart (SL6)...

i was looking to get everything thru rockauto but there descriptions are kinda hard to follow w/ nothing about a 11x2 parts...

any help would be great...

thx

P.S. need everything... have backing plates only...

OK so one more time, you have a shop manual?

Download one from here free:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=manual,+download

1fy05t.jpg

153pill.jpg

i can build these with my eyes closed lol... thats not the problem... im just not familiar with the rock auto site... found everything on autozone except the parking brake strut and spring...

rockauto but there descriptions are kinda hard to follow w/ nothing about a 11x2 parts....

Sorry I took it to mean you knew nothing about 11" brakes.

I don't know how to post a link to RA but I found them there, just picked a year/ model and looked up 69 Roadrunner, 383 they show the 11" brakes..............

Sorry I took it to mean you knew nothing about 11" brakes.

I don't know how to post a link to RA but I found them there, just picked a year/ model and looked up 69 Roadrunner, 383 they show the 11" brakes..............

no problem... i give it a look thanks! do they have the strut and spring for the parking brake?

Hard to see in the photo but should be shoe to shoe.

Oh I forgot the last time I needed a P-brake bar for the 11'' set up found it in the "HELP" line at the local parts store.

Hooks to the item marked "adjuster lever" which itself pivots/ hooks to the adjacent shoe That spring does several jobs. It pulls --through the adjuster-- the two shoes together, pulling them away from the drum and holding tension against the adjuster screw.

The overall design causes the adjuster itself to ratchet

Hooks to the item marked "adjuster lever" which itself pivots/ hooks to the adjacent shoe That spring does several jobs. It pulls --through the adjuster-- the two shoes together, pulling them away from the drum and holding tension against the adjuster screw.

The overall design causes the adjuster itself to ratchet

thanks! i had to pull my 73 book out so i could get a magnifying glass out but i got it!

along with the hole diff in the car... vegas is still looking good!

Attachments

• 0326111809.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 0326111906.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 196
-
Back