11" brakes on 8 3/4

-

68darrt

Reaction score
hey, ya i have an a-body sbp 83/4, i am going to have the axles drilled for the bigger bolt pattern and i was wondering if i will be able to bolt on 11" b-body brakes or will i have to upgrade to larger studs. Also, will the axles be long enough for the wider brakes??

I have 11" cop car brakes from a 1984 Gran Fury (11" b-body is the same) on my A-body 8 3/4 rear, bolted right on and work perfect! I have large pattern Yukon axles with stock studs too! 8)

not enough metal to redrill factory 4 inch bp to larger size, buy aftermarket axles with correct pattern or waste your money trying to redrill the factory type, Ive done a few but there is about 1/8 inch to outer axle flange,

not enough metal to redrill factory 4 inch bp to larger size, buy aftermarket axles with correct pattern or waste your money trying to redrill the factory type, Ive done a few but there is about 1/8 inch to outer axle flange,

'62 is right. I was gonna have my SBP 8 3/4 axles redrilled but the flange was so small there was a good chance they would have fractured around the outside. After doing the math it was only a few dollars more to buy a set of Moser's with long studs and "green" bearings. There are several tech people at Moser that speak fluent Mopar. They even beveled the edge of the flanges so I could use my 1 7/8ths drums on my early A-body !! (65 Dart GT). They're even guaranteed. Buy 'em, bolt 'em in, drop the hammer and no worries......RICK:cheers:

-
Back