11 second big block

-

orangecrush

Reaction score
Well, I see the "10 second small block" thread. It seems to me, as far as streetable, this is more "doe-able" with cubes - any thoughts on a 11 sec 440 build that'd be definitely street friendly ?

it desent take much of a 440 to run in the 11s in a dart or duster pocket port gasket match heads mill them 40 509cam 3500 conv.430 or 456 gear old school tune chas. 11.70s 112 drive it any were you whant.

you know you wanna run 10s lol

EXACTLY..... you'll go through the traps and pull out a mid 11 run and you'll want to go faster.... but with a big block in an a-body... shouldnt be that hard at all.

11s is a easy deal. you dont need big cams or fancy anything. Just a medium street cam, stock heads, a little gear and tires and you can run in the 11s.

There was a post over at moparts with low compression BB builds running in the 11 or better.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...Number=4660238&PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#Post4660238

Convertor, gears and hooking it up.

I hope to have this one run 10.60-10.70's with a smogger 440 with some little extras... .557 cam, victor, 950hp, 4500 convertor, 4.30 gears, 28x12.50's and a set of iron heads. Maybe some juice, just for fun.

Picture004.jpg

I have a small roller cam I can use too.

i wish my wife would let me put this in her 69 barracuda. the coronet only weighs around 3400 though. i hope to run 11.20ish thru the mufflers and street it

DSC00070 (Medium).JPG

i wish my wife would let me put this in her 69 barracuda. the coronet only weighs around 3400 though. i hope to run 11.20ish thru the mufflers and street it

Wow, earlier B-bodies are light as heck!

What about a more "modern" street-friendly approach like ported aluminum heads, high compression (~11:1), and a good roller cam hooked to a lower-stall (3000 RPM?) converter and taller gears (3.91-4.10?) for better manners on the street? Might cost a bit more though and would take more thorough research into the proper combination of parts.

Stroke that 440 and it`ll be even easier. It`s like Moper said, there`s very little you have to do to get an A-body into the 11`s with a lot of cubic inches under the hood. The biggest problem you`ll have is getting it to hook up. :D

stroker small blocks are nice but expensive for us on a budget to build, especially when we already have the motor. But the big blocks does sound like it doesn't take much to get them in the 10's

-
Back