110 Octane at the pump

-

cwatts

Reaction score
Running this in the Dart. Only 6.99 a gallon :) Running very sweet on it !!

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 395
  • gas1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 390
  • gas3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 359
^^ I've run 87E10 on 11.2Scr, with slightly delayed but full timing with al. heads. I imagine your Scr must be considerably more.
I run @ 11.4 with ede alu heads , 94 octane , with 91 it will ping unless I play with the timing , can't imagine running 87 octane . Runs best on a mix of 1 gal118 octane / 3 94 octane .

I love the smell of high octane in the morning... It smells like, victory....

[ame]https://youtu.be/vRp7tYWnJJs[/ame]

Back in the day, the BP station down from my work carried the Torco 117 octane racing fuel for $4.00 per gallon (when gas was between $1.00 and $1.30 per gallon).

I would park my Barracuda behind my back yard gate, then when I pulled it out and went back to close the gate, with regular gas, it would die while idling cold before I got back in the car from closing the gate. I noticed when I ran the high octane, the car wouldn't die when I was closing the gate after pulling it out. For some reason it seemed to be less sensitive to the choke with the high octane, even when I mixed a 1/4 tank of that to the 92/93 octane pump gas...

Plus the sweet smell of high octane from the exhaust....

I'll ask again what are you guys running for compression??..

I'll ask again what are you guys running for compression??..
11.4 , factory called fr premium on the 340 , was 104 or 106 octane back then with ;"10.5" compression ,supposedly I mix with 94 to bring it up to 104 or so

I run @ 11.4 with ede alu heads , 94 octane , with 91 it will ping unless I play with the timing , can't imagine running 87 octane . Runs best on a mix of 1 gal118 octane / 3 94 octane .

I would guess that you are a little closer to sealevel there and are benefiting from the denser air.
I bought a dash-mounted dial-back timing computer. It helped me zero in on the perfect timing curves for the various iterations that my little 367 has gone through.But yeah the timing curves(mine has a kink in it at about 2800) were time-consuming to say the least.
But in the end it was worth it for several reasons; 1) the engine is real snappy when it's right, and 2) running 87 for 120,000 miles has saved me a lot of cash, and 3) I get to preach the 87E10 on 10.7 to 11.2 story. On either iteration, I've been running a Dcr of 8.6 to 8.8, or a bit better.
That comes to about 40,000 liters. Let's see, what's the $ difference from 87 to 94 plus some 110. I dunno, but I guess I saved between 3 and 4 Gs by now.
Your results may vary.

I ran 11.9 with my Edelbrock headed 416 used 93 pump gas all the time no problem..

7 gallons is only a half tank.... LOL! :D

True, but it already had 1/2 a tank. I can mix pump 93 ans 110 to make it happy. But would guess it has more than 50% 110 right now.

View attachment image.jpg

Thanks "C" for fixing my last picture, not sure if this one will be upside down also, if so I'll try and fix tomorrow. I have to go to lap top to correct. Pictures are in the ipad

-
Back