12 pack?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Check out this vintage 6 x 2 carburetor set-up found on Ebay. And you thought tuning a six pack was a pain in the ***.:toothy10:

12 pack1.jpg

I have seen 4 4BBLs on a 383. Made for full throttle running at Bonneville.

Try to play with this set-up.

CBXCARBS.jpg

I wonder how many people saw the title and thought this was a thread about beer? 8)

Not me. I knew exactly what it was. Granted, I was hoping they were 97s but it is still an incredible setup (even without all of the other components). I am going to go after it. :)

Long, thanks for the link (it worked).

Not shown in the photo, but seen on other early log-type multicarb manifolds are the crossover (equalizer) hoses from the left-side manifold to the right-side manifold. Typically they were just rubber hoses connected by hose clamps to the stubs seen on the manifold body below the carbs.

GTXperience - that setup would be a great way to hide some stealthy FI on a 440.
By the way, going to MATS? Hope to see you there if you go.

Not shown in the photo, but seen on other early log-type multicarb manifolds are the crossover (equalizer) hoses from the left-side manifold to the right-side manifold. Typically they were just rubber hoses connected by hose clamps to the stubs seen on the manifold body below the carbs.

GTXperience - that setup would be a great way to hide some stealthy FI on a 440.
By the way, going to MATS? Hope to see you there if you go.

OC, I won't be a MATS but will search you out at Spring Fling. Enjoy the show.

Finally found the picture that I was looking for. Courtesy Of Mopar Action 8/95

4-4BBLS.jpg

Ramcharger, Ever seen what happens when a newbie completely disassembles a CBX carb assembly???

Finally found the picture that I was looking for. Courtesy Of Mopar Action 8/95

Very cool! A genuine Barney Navaro piece! I wonder how many of these he actually casted.

4-4BBLS.jpg

Ramcharger, Ever seen what happens when a newbie completely disassembles a CBX carb assembly???

I can only imagine..... :-D:-D

OOOHHHHH DRAG STAR LOG INTAKE!!!!!!!!! I want to build a log intake for the 360 that is going in my 53. I need to set my wire feed up for aluminum.

I was looking at a number of those early multiple carb log intakes at the Garlits museum last week. One was certainly a shop prototype as it was welded from aluminum stock and another seemed to be a production casting based on the first design, they were so close in appearance. There is quite a bit of history at that museum.

-
Back