12 things when stranded

-

dart360swinger

Boosted
Reaction score
This is for a Communications class I'm in now. I want to see what you guys would come up with. Stranded on a pacific island. Your with 4 people and your small 4 seater plane crashes, you had to swim to shore. What 12 items would you want with you. The only thing you have is the clothes on your back....Now lets see what you guys come up with!

Jake

Clarification please.......If the only thing I have left is the clothes on my back, I must assume that those 12 "things" would be on my person or in my pockets. Is this correct?

pocketknife, matches, shoes, flair gun, any rope or string, machettie, beer, bbq and ice oh and some sunblock :cheers:

Clothes, Big Knife, Drinking Water, Flint, two-way radio to call for help, Food, Fishing Pole (with line & hooks), Tarp, my SOG multi-tool, flashlight, extra batteries, backpack. :) A life preserver would be a good idea too, lol.

Edit: parachute if there is one to sub for the tarp as I could use it for shelter and the cord for making a raft.

Clarification please.......If the only thing I have left is the clothes on my back, I must assume that those 12 "things" would be on my person or in my pockets. Is this correct?

The clothing on your back was the only free item that doesn't have to be included in the 12. The 12 also have to be small enough to be able to swim with from plane wreck to shore.

Other thing I didn't mention is that there is NO CHANCE OF RESCUE!

Did we know when the plane took off that it would be too far for a rescue team to go, so if we did crash, we already knew there was no chance of a rescue?

knife, one of them shaker flashlights that need no batteries, magnifying glass (to start fires), a satellite phone, a water purifier, sunscreen, a map (to figure out where we went down), toilet paper, a survival guide, sunglasses, bug repellent, a radio

1. hand gun
2. bullet
3. tweezers
4. binoculers
5. hatchet
6. knife
7. pen/pencil/crayon (one of those)
8. first aid kit
9. other peoples shoes (there were 4 of us right?)
10. plane seat cushion
11. canteen (or somehing to hold good water)
12. Wilson volleyball

-RPM

12. Wilson volleyball

-RPM

LOL!

Wilson.jpg

Did we know when the plane took off that it would be too far for a rescue team to go, so if we did crash, we already knew there was no chance of a rescue?

Ya you could say that. The professor's guide lines were pretty veg. The main thing she wants is to see how creative we can be with it.

Thanks for all the help guys. It's lookin good!

Jake

Knife, and a hatchet would be nice.

Very large first aid kit.

Leathermans Multitool.

Compass.

Magnifying glass.

Mirror.

Waterproof matches.

200 ton's of MRE's.

Bulldozer.

Scuba gear.

Deer rifle and plenty of ammo would be nice.

A copy of Leonard Nemoy's "Guide to mating calls for female jungle chicks stranded on deserted Islands.... for dummies."

Waterproof satellite phone, Flint, magnifying glass, XTRA large Pizza, Hustler Mag(new addition), Toilet paper, Serta perfect sleeper mattress, Pillow, One log cabin kit, LCD TV with cordless extension cord, One large boat kit, gun, knive.

Buck Knife, .45 cal pistol with extra clips, multi tool (leatherman), machette, water desalination tool, Parachutte, flashlight, radio, first aid kit, back pack, mirror and binoculars.

1: flair gun
2: flairs
3: extensive first aid kit
4: strong magnifying glass
5: big knife
6: a large pot
7: a large heavy waterproof tarp
8: rope
9: extra WARM clothes
10: a blanket
11: fish hooks
12: fish line

Your with 4 people and your small 4 seater plane crashes

Is that why the plane crashed? It must have been overloaded with five people in a four seater plane. Did the fifth one ride in the cargo hold?

I would bring matches, so I could build a fire and cook the other four people.

Ya you could say that. The professor's guide lines were pretty veg. The main thing she wants is to see how creative we can be with it.

Thanks for all the help guys. It's lookin good!

Jake

I guess if she wants to see how creative you can be, you have to include that you asked other people, to see how creative they can be?

-
Back