130 mph pass

-
What is the Et/ mph without the nitrous ?

that thing looks like its flyin on the top end !

Hi everyone!
This is rhigz from canada!
Great build and thank you for sharing!

That's awesome! If you ever get it to hook, it'll be a 10.50 car, easy...

Tell us about the engine, please. That's a lot!
Congratulations!!!
Thank's!...

You get that lil' bugger to hook and you'll be knocking on the nine sec. door...........

Hi everyone!
This is rhigz from canada!
Great build and thank you for sharing!

That's awesome! If you ever get it to hook, it'll be a 10.50 car, easy...

Tell us about the engine, please. That's a lot!
Congratulations!!!
Thank's!...
indy 360-1 cnc flow343 @ 600 intake 225 ex @600 ,indy intake, t d 1.6 rollors. ,, 410 cube ,11.8 comp ,259/265 @ 050 109 l/c 3 degee advance .200 figures are 176 in 171 ex solid flat tappet 4800 stall trans 904 , 3.9 gears 26/10/15 slicks 3550 lbs.

thats cool mate ,i ran at heathcote drags , i do all my engines and gearboxs and spec a custom cam for the engine also.

Thats awesome man.

You prob know ,or know of dave, VH 770.

Hes abit of a wiz too with 360's.

So is george,but i dont know him well.

Il prob catch you at heathcote soon!
With my bike though haha.
My charger isnt worth bragging about in the fast stakes :sad:

the first run time slip were yawl playing mind games on each other at the line. or both catching a nap lol

Ripper Job Ian! My Uncle and Cousins live outside Sydney. I'm here in Va. just outside Wash, DC. As a matter of fact, my nephew is named Ian after my Aussie Uncle! Enough small talk, what kind of bottom end parts and oiling tricks do you have going on there? How many RPM's are you twisting it? I'm collecting parts for my 408 build and would appreciate knowing what's working so well for you!

Thats awesome man.

You prob know ,or know of dave, VH 770.

Hes abit of a wiz too with 360's.

So is george,but i dont know him well.

Il prob catch you at heathcote soon!
With my bike though haha.
My charger isnt worth bragging about in the fast stakes :sad:
it all takes time mate , yes i know George , Theo ,Dave very smart men.

Ripper Job Ian! My Uncle and Cousins live outside Sydney. I'm here in Va. just outside Wash, DC. As a matter of fact, my nephew is named Ian after my Aussie Uncle! Enough small talk, what kind of bottom end parts and oiling tricks do you have going on there? How many RPM's are you twisting it? I'm collecting parts for my 408 build and would appreciate knowing what's working so well for you!
thanks mate there are a few mods you can do ,oiling , studs,clearance the block etc what are you trying to do ,horse power , heads ,cam etc i will help if i can.

Wow, your car is making some serious horsepower! You should talk to some of the the stock eliminator guys, they can help you to get that power to the pavement. :burnout:

Ian,
The calculator I use http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm says it takes 641 HP to push 3,550 pounds to a terminal speed of 130 MH in the quarter mile. I'm pretty sure that's rear wheel HP, too, so if we go with the rule-of-thumb approximation that rear wheel HP is 85 percent of flywheel HP, it would suggest that you're making in the neighborhood of 754 flywheel HP with that 360!

That's strong... :cheers:

Bill,

The factory weight of a Plymouth Valiant Signet V8 (or a Valiant AP6 as we called them) is around 3000lbs.

That 641 HP that calculator result says is FLY wheel I reckon.

I recommend this site. http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm

See where he talks about the way these formulas? They were first devised - using Crank HP

I think Ian's engine is making around 580 - 600 Fly wheel.

The easy way to check is against other known cars running the same MPH and what their engines dynoed at. -

MPH will tell the tale as they say....

On another thread, I posted a Buddies Twin Tubo 318 - it ran 132mph in a heavier 3500Lb aussie Charger - he made 507 on a rear wheel dyno = appx 630 Fw HP using 20% losses.

754 FWHP would be closer to low 9s -

Ian, maybe you could post some dyno figs if you have them?

- Sorry for the thread hijack - and its great to see another 10 sec SB engine builder in town!!

Bill,

The factory weight of a Plymouth Valiant Signet V8 (or a Valiant AP6 as we called them) is around 3000lbs.

That 641 HP that calculator result says is FLY wheel I reckon.

I recommend this site. http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm

See where he talks about the way these formulas? They were first devised - using Crank HP

I think Ian's engine is making around 580 - 600 Fly wheel.

The easy way to check is against other known cars running the same MPH and what their engines dynoed at. -

MPH will tell the tale as they say....

On another thread, I posted a Buddies Twin Tubo 318 - it ran 132mph in a heavier 3500Lb aussie Charger - he made 507 on a rear wheel dyno = appx 630 Fw HP using 20% losses.

754 FWHP would be closer to low 9s -

Ian, maybe you could post some dyno figs if you have them?

- Sorry for the thread hijack - and its great to see another 10 sec SB engine builder in town!!
this cars weight is close to 3550 lbs race weight i go 300 , steel cage,truck battery ,twin 2 1/2, bottle , tow bar ,etc doing some tuning today, it should run close to 135 next time out, i will use slicks as for dyno numbers you would not believe it if i told ya! thanks ian.

Wow, your car is making some serious horsepower! You should talk to some of the the stock eliminator guys, they can help you to get that power to the pavement. :burnout:
thanks mate i had on 255 street radial ,next time i will use slicks and the track was a bit off on the day. thanks ian

it all takes time mate , yes i know George , Theo ,Dave very smart men.

Yeh they are.

Im pretty sure it was your car that won a dyno competition about
half year ago or something?
In the na v8 category....

At a rotor workshop i think..?

thanks mate there are a few mods you can do ,oiling , studs,clearance the block etc what are you trying to do ,horse power , heads ,cam etc i will help if i can.
Parts collected so far are Edelbrock RPM heads (stock with 1.5 rollers), eagle cast 4" crank, scat H-beam rods w/arp bolts, Probe forged pistons ( 10.3 with Eddie heads), '78 360 block bored .30 over(E-58 cop car), Comp HE285XL cam ( hydraulic ), Weiand X-celerator intake with Holley 850 DP. Goal is 450 HP/450 TQ (there abouts) with the ability to spray 100 shot. Car is a stock bodied ( except frame connectors, XHD springs)67 Barracuda for street use and occasional trip to 1/8 mile track. I've got a 3.91 geared 8 3/4" rear, 727 with 3000 stall, 1 5/8 headers. What do you think about low tension oil ring mod? Thanks!

Moparmal said, "The factory weight of a Plymouth Valiant Signet V8 (or a Valiant AP6 as we called them) is around 3,000lbs."

I have no doubt that that's correct, or very close.

My '72 Valiant 4-door with a 360 Magnum, has a shipping weight of 2,900 pounds; it actually weighs 3340 without me in it.

Ian says his car weighs 3,550 with him in it. I'd imagine he's weighed it and that's actually what it weighs,regardless of its original specs.

Thanks for the different HP computer site URL; I'll be checking it out, for sure.

Parts collected so far are Edelbrock RPM heads (stock with 1.5 rollers), eagle cast 4" crank, scat H-beam rods w/arp bolts, Probe forged pistons ( 10.3 with Eddie heads), '78 360 block bored .30 over(E-58 cop car), Comp HE285XL cam ( hydraulic ), Weiand X-celerator intake with Holley 850 DP. Goal is 450 HP/450 TQ (there abouts) with the ability to spray 100 shot. Car is a stock bodied ( except frame connectors, XHD springs)67 Barracuda for street use and occasional trip to 1/8 mile track. I've got a 3.91 geared 8 3/4" rear, 727 with 3000 stall, 1 5/8 headers. What do you think about low tension oil ring mod? Thanks!
thats a nice combo a couple of things strip and clean heads check for dags ,machining flash etc, roll the inner edge of ithe dish ii the piston ,this helps with detonation , use stud kit top and bottom , comtic head gaskets , 150 gas ,easy mid 10 sec car. this slip of mine was with j heads mopar 252 @050 cam 10.5 comp 150 gas full street trim ,and probe dish pistons .thin rings std all probes (no mods) on mine.

Picture24.jpg

Ian says his car weighs 3,550 with him in it. I'd imagine he's weighed it and that's actually what it weighs,regardless of its original specs.

No worries Bill,

Yes Ian PM'd me with his race weight, the cage, driver etc adds the xtra lbs, so its no lightweight kart....

As mentioned earlier - mph/weight is the best guide to HP - and my mates car is almost identical to Ians in MPH and weight.

My buddy made 507 Rear wheel , or appx 630 crank using 20% losses.

:thumbrig:
thats a nice combo a couple of things strip and clean heads check for dags ,machining flash etc, roll the inner edge of ithe dish ii the piston ,this helps with detonation , use stud kit top and bottom , comtic head gaskets , 150 gas ,easy mid 10 sec car. this slip of mine was with j heads mopar 252 @050 cam 10.5 comp 150 gas full street trim ,and probe dish pistons .thin rings std all probes (no mods) on mine.
Thanks for the tips Ian. I ordered a stud kit last night as a matter of fact. Say hey to my Uncle Ian if ya happen to see'em!

No worries Bill,
My buddy made 507 Rear wheel , or appx 630 crank using 20% losses.

A agree fully that mph/weight is the most accurate way to decide how much horsepower is going to the ground, but I'm not so sure about the 20-percent figure.

A lot of the places I've seen that discussed, the general consensus seemed to be that 15% was pretty accurate for a car with an automatic.

Who knows??? Five percent is no big deal....:cheers:

I know that Ford apply 17% to current model V8 auto cars (I have a friend) who works for them) .

Of course you include stall converters, heavier diffs and drum brakes both with more rotational inertia and some folk recon as high as 25% is a fair thing with some cars.

As you say - its not a big ticket issue.

got her hooking 1.50 60 ft 10.9@122 aspirated is the first pic ,the second pic is what happened when i gave her 180 nos on the line poor 9 inch

HP Heaven-Heathcote_Park_Test_and_Tune-LA1_7346.jpg

6450_1193502233462_1105603998_30600654_4489608_n.jpg

Bad luck Ian - Funnily enough - you're not the only 10 sec Mopar guy to have shat a 9" diff at Heathcote in the last few years.....Theo D did one as well a while back!

ALSO - Remember earlier in the thread i mentioned my buddies Twin Turbo 318 running 131mph? He was at Heathcote last weekend...tore his driveshaft open like a tin can!.....You may have seen him?

-
Back