1300 hp mercury comet brake failure crash

-
And he wasn't even on it but when you have no brakes you're going to pile into the car that will stop you. Acc stick at 2200 and they knew ahead of time?

The close up of the brake rotors looked pretty bad. Maybe wore it down to the rivets, it was so grooved.
Lol yeah I heard that park clicking too. Gomer Pyle would be far better behind the wheel

Last edited:
All he can do is talk about the both of them. Those people in that minivan took a HIT. There are several questions under the video on youtube asking about them but they go unanswered. I promise you at more than one point, they were going over the speed limit. You don't do that in heavy traffic with 1300HP......and a sticking throttle.....and a brake issue. Unless you're stupid.

Watched the full video.
Nothing was mentioned to the fines, law suits, hospital bills, that the accident caused.
Driver loose his licence due to negligence?
I think lots was left out of that video. :realcrazy:

The **** people do for "views".

When he made that comment about an 'impactful' year.....I hope he catches the monkeypox. Prick.

Lets see, no handbrake, sticking throttle and riding the brakes. Chevy engine in a Ford, what could go wrong. Never heard how the minivan driver turned out

They lost me at deciding to taking out the car with a sticking throttle on a blown 600+ cubic inch motor. The part about intentionally riding the brakes because of the sticking throttle was over the top.

The front rotors and calipers look WAY to small for anything over 2000 pounds. They look like rear wheel parts.

Sorry to see such a bitchin ride take that hit, but it should never have happened.

I hope the folks in that other car are OK and they sue the hell out of that idiot Comet owner, hell the lawyers will have it easy, the video speaks to the Comet owner's ignorance. The passenger should have known better too, he's done enough hot rod video's.

The big picture here is, this gives hot rod hating high power attorneys more ammo to go after the hobby. Hell, even my little Vixen has an operating parking/emergency brake, AND I recently upgraded the brakes to a dual reservoir master cylinder. They had a 1300hp car that not only had an inadequate brake system to begin with, but the braking system wasn't even finished! It lacked any form of emergency stopping. How quick do you think that thing was accelerating from say 20 to 60 when he was romping on it a little? 2, maybe 3 seconds? Less? That car had ZERO business on any road, much less accelerating like that in heavy traffic. It's people like them that give us all a bad name.

Looking at that video again, why didn't he keep going to the right over the curb and into the grass, it might have been worse for them two but at least no innocent folks would have been involved.

They should call the show “Dumb ***’s”, throttle should have been fixed before the drive so he doesn’t need to boil the brake fluid to maintain a cruising speed. Yes a park brake and kill switch would have gone a long way to help this Dumb *** save his car and pain.

Looking at that video again, why didn't he keep going to the right over the curb and into the grass, it might have been worse for them two but at least no innocent folks would have been involved.
That's what I would have done. In fact, that's what the LAW says. You always steer to the right in an emergency. Weren't there a few trees on the other side of the curb?

Yeah, I'd rather hit some trees than possibly seriously hurt someone in another car.
No kiddin. He wouldda stopped that car with no one else involved. And he knew he had no brakes while he still had room to get over to the right....and still did not.

I would have been looking to return to the garage the moment I'm braking just to keep at steady speed. I would have been concerned of throttle sticking at every position. I have experienced once driving up to the staging lanes. Turned around and back to the pits. Was just a sticky linkage that lube and very small adjustment corrected. I'm betting that was his only problem. Until brake failure. Now you're in a world of hurt.

ouch. Great body-style
Not sure he had a chance to head toward the tress once realizing the brakes were gone. Was looking get lucky and roll it out...but never thought to shut her down.

ouch. Great body-style
Not sure he had a chance to head toward the tress once realizing the brakes were gone. Was looking get lucky and roll it out...but never thought to shut her down.
It's a tough call for sure. Easy one to armchair quarterback on. It should have never left the garage.

Yep remaining calm and thinking clearly in a few seconds, not many people can do.
I`ve always thought if in a stuck open throttle situation is to kill the engine and have the whereabouts not to lock the steering column:eek: and riding a guard rail or jersey wall to slow down if without brakes.
People want to sue for a tap in the *** and claim neck injury these days:realcrazy:

It's a tough call for sure. Easy one to armchair quarterback on. It should have never left the garage.

True- I appreciate the video because it will make people think.
I will armchair quarterback one part...
He's riding the brakes because his throttle is sticking, and yet decides to get on it instead of idling home . That there was a really bad move.

I also definitely don't agree with the "no biggie, throttle sticking, we've all been there" idea, maybe at 1000RPM....but over 2000 RPM?

-
Back