1350 dana 60 - 8.75 pinion yoke ?

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a 1350 pinion yoke, just wondering what I should get ?
What you guys use?
Build is, in case you haven't read any of my thread, 470 big block, high 600 HP high 600 ft lbs. Foot brake, 727, dana 60.
I was looking at strange engineering billet but it's out of stock till March and I need to be farther along than waiting.
Anyways thank you.

A pic of it installed

image.jpg

Not that you'll probably need it, but the Strange has a machined area where you can clamp/ bolt Pick-Up Collars on it so you can monitor driveshaft speed. The others have no provision for this.

Tom

Not that you'll probably need it, but the Strange has a machined are where you can bolt Pick-Up Collars on it so you can monitor driveshaft speed. The others have no provision for this.

Tom
Yeah I probably won't need that but it's good to have it there.

Not that you'll probably need it, but the Strange has a machined area where you can clamp/ bolt Pick-Up Collars on it so you can monitor driveshaft speed. The others have no provision for this.

Tom
Do you use the hd cap kit ?

I bought a Strange CM 1350 yoke from Dr. Diff. for the 8-3/4 in my GTS. If you ever plan on using a transmission brake, power adder etc it is a good upgrade. As mentioned it has amachined area for a magnet collar.

Do you use the hd cap kit ?

Yes, but only because I tossed a driveshaft out at 115mph years ago so now I am super anal about heavy duty parts in the driveline. The Strange $12 U-bolt kit will never let you down.

The OEM style straps weren't the cause of losing the driveshaft, as they were still bolted to the yoke, but I blew the 1330 U-joint apart. Now I only use 1350 or 1410 U-joints period.

I know everyone usually has a budget for their projects, but after that incident I've always ran a billet slip yoke on the transmission and a billet yoke on the rearend.

Yes, it cost several hundred dollars more to buy billet parts, but in the grand scheme of things that's nothing compared to the cost of repairing damage when they come out.

FYI: I use Spicer 5-1350X U-joints and you can buy them on Amazon for $27.95

Tom

I used the Mark Williams yoke on my Dana 60, because at the time I was told that it was the only one that would fit the Racepak ring for the rpm sensor

Last edited:
I buy them directly from Strange. They usually have them in stock when Summit does not. If not let me know I will look and see if I have a spare.
Chromoly yoke part number U1598, U bolt that I run is U1610 or the U1610HD. If my memory still works.

Also call Cass from DR Diff I believe he is a Strange Dealer. He may have one too.

Last edited:
I bought this one probably five years ago when it was a little cheaper. I bought it mainly so I could put a driveshaft collar on it for my RacePak. Hopefully this winter I will get around to putting it on. I did make one attempt three years ago but didn’t have the right socket. I’m still running a stock one and stock straps.

IMG_1310.jpeg

Okay, I found the cm strange and hd caps.
Purchased it. Thanks everyone.

Yes, but only because I tossed a driveshaft out at 115mph years ago so now I am super anal about heavy duty parts in the driveline. The Strange $12 U-bolt kit will never let you down.

The OEM style straps weren't the cause of losing the driveshaft, as they were still bolted to the yoke, but I blew the 1330 U-joint apart. Now I only use 1350 or 1410 U-joints period.

I know everyone usually has a budget for their projects, but after that incident I've always ran a billet slip yoke on the transmission and a billet yoke on the rearend.

Yes, it cost several hundred dollars more to buy billet parts, but in the grand scheme of things that's nothing compared to the cost of repairing damage when they come out.

FYI: I use Spicer 5-1350X U-joints and you can buy them on Amazon for $27.95

Tom
Thanks Tom

I ran straps for so many years in different cars that it isn’t funny. My current combo has gone 1.25 sixty foots with them. Remember the yoke holds and supports the U-joint.

Peace of mind is sometimes worth more than the additional cost you had to layout. Increases in safety to you, your car, and others that are in the vicinity of your car are priceless.

Tom

Ya but then guys turn around and run shortened stock driveshafts and no engine diaper. If you are going to preach safety don’t go halfway

Ya but then guys turn around and run shortened stock driveshafts and no engine diaper. If you are going to preach safety don’t go halfway
In the case of my car, I will not be doing any half measures. Besides my wimpy big block

-
Back