14.45 with 12 sec combo... HELP

-
The car that runs 12.00 has the same size tire! It's not the tires.

How much air pressure did you have in them?

It's the suspension, tune up and launch that is killing it. Put frame connectors on it, they are a MUST with these cars.

my car moves side by side like a fish... i hook well in the last run

There is your ET problem.

What shocks and T-bars in the front?

What springs, shocks and traction devices (if applicable) in rear?

Is battery in trunk?

There is your ET problem.

What shocks and T-bars in the front?

What springs, shocks and traction devices (if applicable) in rear?

Is battery in trunk?

i havent traction bars
my shocks are generic
near stock leaf springs
battery is in the front
my car is so tall

in adition, i see.. crappy intake, samall cam, bad converter, and horrible timing

The car that runs 12.00 has the same size tire! It's not the tires.

How much air pressure did you have in them?

It's the suspension, tune up and launch that is killing it. Put frame connectors on it, they are a MUST with these cars.

10 lbs in slicks

10 lbs in slicks

Problemo numero UNO!!!

Those slicks need at least 15 psi to support the car. It will sway back and forth like a drunken chica with 10 psi in it. The tire will also wad up very badly on launch, no sidewall support.

Nice looking car!

Problemo numero UNO!!!

Those slicks need at least 15 psi to support the car. It will sway back and forth like a drunken chica with 10 psi in it. The tire will also wad up very badly on launch, no sidewall support.

Nice looking car!

with 15 lb was so bad... the fish style. hahaha

What you need is a whole bunch of nitrous! Lol. The timing is killing your low end! Will launch harder with more torque. Do your slicks have too soft of sidewall?

this is my combo
360 - .030 over
KB107 pistons
stock rods
crank .010 (ARP bolts on rods)
587 heads - ported and 2.02 valves
Torker 2 intake -Proform air gap intake, 1/2" 4 hole spacer - home port the runners/plenum as it will need it
Holley 750 DP- 73-82
crower camshaft 267-271 - 474- 485 lift (267hdp)
dana 44 with spool -391 gears
TF904 - transgo -does this have linkage from the carb to the trans OR a manual valve body? If not get a Lokar kick down cable kit
Dacco 2500 converter -go up to a 3,000rpm stall converter
26x10 slicks
MSD 6AL 5500 limiter -move the limiter up to 6500rpm try shifting at 6,000rpm since the cam is smaller
hooker competition 1 5/8
stock suspension -unhook the front sway bar if it has one
no subframe connector -These would help traction as well as the "swaying back and forth" feeling as that could be the chassis flexing
4 gal fuel tank
true dual exhaust - 2.5 dynomax super turbo - no x pipeInstall an H or X pipe and better mufflers with a straight thru design like a Ultra Flo

Roll the outer lip of the rear fenders so the tires clear I also agree 275/60-15 drag radial would be perfect - heavier than slicks but nicer - Discounttiredirect.com sells Nitto's CHEAP

buttt my car is soooo tall, because my slicks hit in the fender
here is what I would change all in Orange..

1 more question...how to recurve the distriuitor. i have a stock electronic...?

a probillet mechanical advance (procomp) is better?

My 360 started as a .040 over Napa rebuilt short block. I took it apart to check everything. I had the block decked (deck .015 head 63cc., gasket .028, compression 10.51)reversed the cast dished pistons on the rods and put in good rod bolts and had the rods resized. I put in an old Manley cam that I had. 443 lift [email protected] I don't remember the lobe seperation but I think it was around 108. I used J heads pocket ported with 2.02 int. valves and 273 adj. rockers an LD340 intake with a 1" 4 hole spacer and a Vac. 750. For exhaust I used heddmen 1 5/8" headers, 3" exhaust with ultra flows ending at the axel. I used a 904 with a Dayco 2,400 stall converter and an 8 3/4 with 3.91's the slicks were*8"x*26"x*14". Suspension consisted of 6yl. bars and comp. eng. adj. shocks in the front and 002/003 superstock springs with Mopar perf. 50/50 xtra long shock in the rear. The car was a 70Valiant*4*door it weighed 3,320 with me in it. With an*electric water pump*drive, 5/16" fuel line with holley mech. fuel pump and a homemade fresh air intake (dryer*hose and a dual snorkle air cleaner)the best run was 11.96/113 but it typically went 0's and teen's in decent air at Atco and*E-Town. Typical 60'was low 1.70's. With a looser converter maybe around 3,500 stall it probably would have gone 11.70's or 80's.

I'm doing something terribly wrong ! !!:violent1:

You need to correct the handling problem. Any car that has a mind of its own is not good. Trying to go fast in one is asking for trouble. You say you got almost stock springs and generic shocks. Then why does your car sit so high? Were your springs re-arched? Were they taken apart and put back together differently? I think maybe you have really tall shackles. And some bad bushings to go along with em. Also,you need to crawl under there and make sure every nut and bolt is tight. Inspect every thing closely. A broken spring might not be obvious until it fails completely. A front spring hanger could be cracked or loose. Look for signs of movement where there shouldn't be any. The car is warning you,that's good. Don't ignore it.

Work on the chassis first. It needs to go straight and safe and hook up.

Talking about the engine and trans before you get your chassis bugs straightened out is butting the cart before the horse.

22 initial? That may be a record haha

I guess I'm confused as to why that would be a record?? I learned from members on this forum that my tune sucked because I wasn't running nearly enough initial timing for my combo. Now it runs like a scalded dog (Thanks Crackedback).

Doogie what do you run for timing?

How old are the tires. When slicks get old the sidewalls breakdown and affect the handling. I would look for a set of drag radials. Do NOT put the biggest tire you can fit on your car. Bigger tires add more rotational weight and more drag. The result will be you will go even slower.

On my 67 Dart a 255 radial fits nicely with the correct offset wheel. In reality the car would be .1 seconds faster with a 235 due to the reduced rotational weight.

I guess I'm confused as to why that would be a record?? I learned from members on this forum that my tune sucked because I wasn't running nearly enough initial timing for my combo. Now it runs like a scalded dog (Thanks Crackedback).

Doogie what do you run for timing?

16 initial. Nothing wrong with 20 degrees ecspecially if it runs well.

-
Back