14" Tires, Any input?

-

fishman

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone is running 14" tires. I have a set of 14" slots on my 69 cuda, really like the look. I'm havng traction problems with the bias ply tires I am running. They look good on the car and would like to get a set of radials that are similar in size. Just seems to be a very limited selection. The tires I'm using are L 60 14s Micky Thompson. This lil 408 I put together has a suprising amount of torque. I have tried different air settings, seems that they hook a little better with the more air I put in them.

The biggest tire you can get in a radial for a 14 inch rim is a P245/60R14. Not very big for a 408 engine, may want to get a drag radial or bump up to a 15 inch rim for bigger tire sizes.

The biggest tire you can get in a radial for a 14 inch rim is a P245/60R14. Not very big for a 408 engine, may want to get a drag radial or bump up to a 15 inch rim for bigger tire sizes.

Yea I've been watching for a set of sbp 15s. Thought I could use them when I take it to the strip. I'll check on the dementions on the 245 60s to see how tall they are. Thanks for the input. Tom

I'm running 205/60R14 BFG's on my stock Rallies, no traction or handling problems.
Are you running a stroker(408)?Lots of horsepower will give traction problems without proper skins.I,d say to step up to 15 inch,with some M/T 255/60/15,s then you,ll be hooking.Good Luck!

Wanted to see if anyone is running 14" tires. I have a set of 14" slots on my 69 cuda, really like the look. I'm havng traction problems with the bias ply tires I am running. They look good on the car and would like to get a set of radials that are similar in size. Just seems to be a very limited selection. The tires I'm using are L 60 14s Micky Thompson. This lil 408 I put together has a suprising amount of torque. I have tried different air settings, seems that they hook a little better with the more air I put in them.

I don't know how much room you have in those wheel wells..but my buddy is using my extra pair of 15x7 smallbolt's with a pair of m/t 245/60 15 drag radials, and they fit just right on his '70 dart 318..now for comparison i had ran these same size tires on my 416 duster,and they would spin past half track..you've got STROKER now you'll need some sticky tires for sure...i had to move up to 275/60 15's...

Are you sure they were 245/6015 M/T drag radial tires? They don't make a drag radial in that size.

I don't know how much room you have in those wheel wells..but my buddy is using my extra pair of 15x7 smallbolt's with a pair of m/t 245/60 15 drag radials, and they fit just right on his '70 dart 318..now for comparison i had ran these same size tires on my 416 duster,and they would spin past half track..you've got STROKER now you'll need some sticky tires for sure...i had to move up to 275/60 15's...

I have plenty of room thats one good about a-body cudas they have big wheel wells. I guess I'll have to go with 15s for the track and keep the ones I have for crusin. Thanks for all the help. Tom

of 70/R/14 I've ran 195, 205, and 215. The 215 was the best ride and handling.

im running 14" hoosier dot . quick time pro on 5 1/2" rallies and they work great, best 60 ft. so far is 1.58 sec.

card 1 2008-19 338.jpg

No problem, they are part # HOO-17411 26X9.5-14LT , 8.0 tread width. I ordered them thru a speed shop in Ontario Canada, but Summit sells them as well. There was a lot of interest in these tires last time out at the track.

Rebel,
Off topic but do you have more photos of your dart. The triple black combo looks just plain mean!

No problem, they are part # HOO-17411 26X9.5-14LT , 8.0 tread width. I ordered them thru a speed shop in Ontario Canada, but Summit sells them as well. There was a lot of interest in these tires last time out at the track.

Just checked summit cant find under that part number. I'll give them a call tomorrow. But I do appreciate the help. Man they don't give them puppy's away LOL.

Rebel,
Off topic but do you have more photos of your dart. The triple black combo looks just plain mean!
67 GT, hows it going, heres a few pictures , i don't have a picture of the interior with my digital camera yet. The interior is actually white. Do you have a 67, do you have any pics?

card 2 2008-12-19 330.jpg

card 1 2008-19 330.jpg

-
Back