15" tires

-
Bought my last pair of BFG's at Fleet Farm. Best price in town.

Local tire store.
Tire Rack.
EBay.
Goodyear, Firestone, B.F. Goodrich, Cooper...
What size? Wide whites, RWL, redlines, blackwall? Snow tires?

I was under the impression that 15-in tires were almost impossible to find anymore. Thanks everybody for your help. Dave

Depends on what you’re looking for. If you stay under a 225/60/15 there are a few different brands and models to choose from, although most of those are all season or all season touring tires.

Once you go past 225/60/15 you’ve basically got Cooper Cobra’s, BFG T/A’s, or drag radials. And not every size is available. That will get you up to 275/60/15. After that you’ve got just about nothing.

If you want something under 400 treadwear in a DOT legal, non all season tire, well, good luck.

I was under the impression that 15-in tires were almost impossible to find anymore. Thanks everybody for your help. Dave
Still a bit out there for 15 inch tires. However the selection is "limited"
For example looking to get 255/60R15 tires?
You got maybe 4-5 selections for street radials... That's it.
Cooper.
BFGoodrich.
Hankook.
Mickey Thompsons.
Mastercraft.
Not the greatest selections, I Like the Cooper Cobras the most, Mickey Thompsons are a good second. (Cooper owns Mickey Thompsons)
BFGoodrich and Mastercraft are "ok", Mastercraft's are about the cheapest but don't seem to last that long , same with BFG's.
Mastercraft is also part of Cooper.
I have no experience with the Hankook so I can't say.
There are still a few of the older Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's 15 inch tires around but it's been discontinued, the newer Firehawk series are pretty much 16 inches and up.
- Again I can't comment on this exact tire as I've never used them before. I've used Firestone's Destination A/T's in my old 1983 Dodge Ram and thought they were pretty decent.

Still a bit out there for 15 inch tires. However the selection is "limited"
For example looking to get 255/60R15 tires?
You got maybe 4-5 selections for street radials... That's it.
Cooper.
BFGoodrich.
Hankook.
Mickey Thompsons.
Mastercraft.
Not the greatest selections, I Like the Cooper Cobras the most, Mickey Thompsons are a good second. (Cooper owns Mickey Thompsons)
BFGoodrich and Mastercraft are "ok", Mastercraft's are about the cheapest but don't seem to last that long , same with BFG's.
Mastercraft is also part of Cooper.
I have no experience with the Hankook so I can't say.
There are still a few of the older Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's 15 inch tires around but it's been discontinued, the newer Firehawk series are pretty much 16 inches and up.
- Again I can't comment on this exact tire as I've never used them before. I've used Firestone's Destination A/T's in my old 1983 Dodge Ram and thought they were pretty decent.
There's more out there, although off-brands are the name of the day...
Performance Plus shows 10 different tires in P255 60R15
Buy Passenger Tire Size 255/60R15 - Performance Plus Tire
(Radar, Vitour, Nankang, and Grand Prix in addition to the usual T/As, M/Ts, Coopers, Hankook and 2 different Mastercrafts)
Ebay shows all the usual suspects; plus Tornel, Starfire and Hercules...
And I'm sure there's more if I look around. I know most are secondary brands made by the major manufacturers, or offshore manufacturers- but there's choices out there. Not all sizes, but they're around.

-
Back