15 Years Between Meetings

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last summer at the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton, NB, Canada a young guy walked up to my Demon and was looking it over pretty good. He then came over to me and asked if I remembered him. I didn't have a clue who he was. He then told me that 15 years before he had his picture taken in my car and that is what got him hooked on cars. After he told me that, I did remember. I said to him that I remembered and that he was with his mother at the time. He said that was it. He recently got in touch with me and sent me photos of both times. He now wants to buy my Demon. I am not sure I really want to sell it but if the offer is right I would let it go and build another. I have always let young kids sit in the car since the day I finished building it. I figure it might make their day and also might push them into getting into the hobby. I guess it works. lol Here are the photos taken 15 years apart.

Jack

BRADY SLADE 2007.jpg

BRADY SLADE 2022-1.jpg

BRADY SLADE 2022-2.jpg

The kid looks like a good fit for the car. The excitement in his face says it all.

Great story!!! Awesome of you. I'm the same way about letting kids sit in for pictures. So many cars have the little "hands off" signs. In the end its only a car. And look what can happen. Thanks for posting.

I saw a 2021 Hellcat wrecked for sale on Craigslist Birmingham, Al a couple days ago. I think were asking $25,000

The last time that happened to me, it was a guy 4 years younger than me who came up, asked my name and then started telling me stories of things I did in high school.

That was kinda creepy.

Loved seeing this, wow, he grew UP , looks like he may need to slide that seat back a bit Jack :lol:
Car looks great as always my Canadian friend

The last time that happened to me, it was a guy 4 years younger than me who came up, asked my name and then started telling me stories of things I did in high school.

That was kinda creepy.

that reminds me of a rather uncomfortable meeting i once had
this was shortly after high school and me and my cousin were going out to hit the bars

she (my cousin) had asked me if i minded taking her neighbor with us
i didnt really mind, i had the room in my car so i said sure

now, by this time i had grown up a little and i was a pretty decent kid, but back when i was in highschool i was kind of a punk
but, as i said, id done some growing up, so i decided to go inside, pick the girl up and properly say hi
so i go in, introduce myself to the girl and she just stares at me

i go "what?"
she says, i know you, you sat behind me in algebra for three years
oh, allright

so she goes to change, and me and my cousin wait on the couch when the girls mom comes on
now of course, she knows my cousin, so i get up and introduce myself to her

and she just stares at me
i go "what?"
she says, i know you, a few years ago you kicked my son of his bike, then picked up his bike and hit him with it

i have no doubt i did that, but i surely do not remember it
at all

I can top that.

When I was about 8, there was a bully in our neighborhood- "Donnie".
He was about 10 and would routinely chase me and/or the other kids that were younger than him.
One time he pointed a plastic pellet gun 2 inches from my face and tried to steal my bike.
This went on for a quite a while.
The only saving grace was there was a much older kid- like 14 who would come to our defense if he was around.

One day I was standing on my porch (about 2 feet up the steps) and my mom was talking to me from behind the screen door.
Donnie came by and started up the steps wanting me to come away from the house so he could "ask me something".
I told him I didn't want to and said my mom said I had to go in.
I'm not sure if he saw my mom there or not, but he said "your mom's a *****"...
...and I instinctively jumped off the porch and kicked him square in the chest.
He fell down and ran home crying. I don't remember seeing him again and I think he moved shortly thereafter.
We moved two years later.

Fast forward to me being 19. I had just gotten a job working night stock at a grocery outside the city limits.
There was a guy there that seemed familiar, and he was bullying another employee.
It took a few weeks but I finally put it together.
When he started acting like he was going to tell me what to do, I told him-
"You don't remember me, do you?" and preceded to tell that story in front of everyone else in earshot.
I stopped short of the part where I kicked him, but he knew full well what happened next.
I never had any issues with him after that and he actually eased up on the guy he was bullying after I told that guy the rest of that story in private.

The "victim" ended up being the singer in our "night stock" band and could actually pull of a convincing Rob Halford.

Hi Jack That's a great story. You never know the impression you make by doing something as simple as letting someone sit in your car. I bet it meant the world to him. Do you have a body style in mind? If it's a Dart I have the perfect body for you. Contact me if you are interested. Hope you and your family are well. Bobby

After I knocked that little asshole's (den mouther's son) front teeth out in Cub Scouts and got "immdeiately" graduated to Boy Scouts...... I learned to hold my temper.

Dad (25 year Marine) said it was genetic, I got such from my mother.....probably. :BangHead:

Hi Jack That's a great story. You never know the impression you make by doing something as simple as letting someone sit in your car. I bet it meant the world to him. Do you have a body style in mind? If it's a Dart I have the perfect body for you. Contact me if you are interested. Hope you and your family are well. Bobby
Thanks Bobby, but I do believe I would be looking for another Demon.

Jack

That looks like a cool show Thanks for sharing, I will hafta get up there sometime ~1600 Miles one way for me, but I want to see more of the the Northeast anyway.

-
Back