??????

-

6pkScamp

Reaction score
I didn't want to break in on the thread that dusmon started, but now I'm confused. When you guys are talking about tire size, rpm and gear ratio combo, I don't follow. The math that I'm using is rpm x tire dia. and mph x 336. Then you divide the two and it comes up with the gear ratio required. With the combo I have I need a 530 to be at 7200 at the traps. Please enlighten me.

Have you tried wallace calculators?

On my old 451 duster, The new owner installed 4.56 gears & kept the 28" tire & it trapped 71-7200, The engine was making over 500 FWHP, but you need to calculate converter slippage also. Its really not HP, Its the gear/tire/converter slippage, you can trap a 300 HP engine with the right gear/tire. Not that it would pull that high but its all in the math. Heck i used to shift my mild 340 at 7500 with stock pistons, but it had triple valve springs & a helthy crane cam, so with the right gear/tire i could have trapped it too 7600 & it was only a 330 HP engine at best.

Have you tried wallace calculators?

On my old 451 duster, The new owner installed 4.56 gears & kept the 28" tire & it trapped 71-7200, The engine was making over 500 FWHP, but you need to calculate converter slippage also. Its really not HP, Its the gear/tire/converter slippage, you can trap a 300 HP engine with the right gear/tire. Not that it would pull that high but its all in the math. Heck i used to shift my mild 340 at 7500 with stock pistons, but it had triple valve springs & a helthy crane cam, so with the right gear/tire i could have trapped it too 7600 & it was only a 330 HP engine at best.

My bad, This is a pedal car.

-
Back