165/80 r13 ?

-

Jaytotheme

Lacey's her name, and MOPAR's my game...
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I searched through the forums but i am not finding anything specific so i need your help :) I have a 1962 dodge lancer 165/80 r13 tire on it...I basically need to replace them and want whitewall if possible. the problem is i cant find them anywhere. Can anyone recommend a place to find them online or local? (Las Vegas NV) If not, whats a good alternative size to look for that's more common?

Thank you :)

13 inch tires have pretty much gone the way of the DoDo bird. If you really need 13 inch WSW tires you will probably need to source them from a place like Coker Tire online. You may find a tire shop that still has some old stock on hand but that would be by pure luck and checking with every independent tire shop you can find. I found some for my old Valiant that way but had to check with almost every tire shop in Wyoming and the eastern half of Montana.
If someone has something on hand they will probably be 185/80R13. Make sure they don't try to sell you trailer tires as the 185/80R13 is still a common trailer size.

Last edited:
I'd just switch to 14" but even those tire sizes are getting scarce. I'm sure azmopar can hook you up with some wheels reasonable.

13 inch tires have pretty much gone the way of the DoDo bird. If you really need 13 inch WSW tires you will probably need to source them from a place like Coker Tire online. You may find a tire shop that still has some old stock on hand but that would be by pure luck and checking with every independent tire shop you can find. I found some for my old Valiant that way but had to check with almost every tire shop in Wyoming and the eastern half of Montana.
If someone has something on hand they will probably be 185/80R13. Make sure they don't try to sell you trailer tires as the 185/80R13 is still a common trailer size.
This is exactly my problem...Is it ok to switch to the 185 for my car?

If the original tire for your Lancer was a 6.50-13 size, the P185/80R13 is the correct replacement. Maaxis still sells this tire and offers free shipping.

Maaxis MA-1 P185/80R13

I went through this exercise a few years ago and wrote up an article about what I learned. When a wheel cylinder blew back in 2006, I decided that was a good a time as any to upgrade from 9" drums to a slider disc brake system. I used the calculations in the article to figure out my tire and speedometer gear options.

Tire Upgrades

If anyone in Canada needs a P185/80R13 tire, the above article also explains how to get this tire at a reasonable cost.

I went through this exercise a few years ago and wrote up an article about what I learned. When a wheel cylinder blew back in 2006, I decided that was a good a time as any to upgrade from 9" drums to a slider disc brake system. I used the calculations in the article to figure out my tire and speedometer gear options.

Tire Upgrades

If anyone in Canada needs a P185/80R13 tire, the above article also explains how to get this tire at a reasonable cost.
Great Article! Thank You! :)

Hey Guys! I searched through the forums but i am not finding anything specific so i need your help :) I have a 1962 dodge lancer 165/80 r13 tire on it...I basically need to replace them and want whitewall if possible. the problem is i cant find them anywhere. Can anyone recommend a place to find them online or local? (Las Vegas NV) If not, whats a good alternative size to look for that's more common?

Thank you :)

I got 13inch wheels/caps/tires 4SALE
original Plymouth Barracuda 65 complete wheels with caps and very old michelin tires (tires are optional for free) 13inch small bolt pattern 5x4inch.. Location switzerland or germany you can choose. International shipping available.. PRICE: 1200USD

IMG_1278.JPG

I got 13inch wheels/caps/tires 4SALE
original Plymouth Barracuda 65 complete wheels with caps and very old michelin tires (tires are optional for free) 13inch small bolt pattern 5x4inch.. Location switzerland or germany you can choose. International shipping available.. PRICE: 1200USD

View attachment 1715004767
Thank You for the offer but thats too expensive for me :)

-
Back