170 slant6 63 help

-
Mike
Sorry i havent been on the board in a while. I race /6's and race a Memphis.
We live down in Marianna so we cant be too far. I can give you a fair amount of info on the 170 and what wakes them up. PM me with your contact info if you want and we will talk. Also Charrlie S on this board races the 170 /6's.
You may wish to contact him.
Frank

Mrmopartec has helped me remember that a 170 will not fill a header designed
exhaust and will hurt my performance needs.
QUOTE]

Say what? A header on a 170 will hurt performance? Huh? I ran a header on a 65 Valiant 170 blue printed stock, with a 1 bbl carb. The header was worth 2 tenths of a sec, over a stock manifold, in the 1/4 mile. My current 170 turns 13.3's in the 1/4, street legal car at a 3250 lb weight. But it is a street driven race car.

If the judge sets the car free to me!!we will have to get together on some tec advice for just a good street driver show car eng...

Looks like you have a few leaning tower of power cars.:grin:
I would like to see a good set up 170 /6 . when you get a chance.:grin:
There is a member here with a nice barracuda with a slant in it that down louded a sound video and it sure sounds good.:iconbigg:

If the judge sets the car free to me!!we will have to get together on some tec advice for just a good street driver show car eng...

Looks like you have a few leaning tower of power cars.:grin:
I would like to see a good set up 170 /6 . when you get a chance.:grin:
There is a member here with a nice barracuda with a slant in it that down louded a sound video and it sure sounds good.:iconbigg:

If I can help, just give me a shout. I am usually over at slantsix.org. I only check in here, about once a week, so I might miss something.
Last year a friend and I built a strickly street engine for his 64 Valiant 4 dr sdn. It is real peppy and getting 26-28 mpg. Detirmine exactly what you want from the car, and build for that.

If I can help, just give me a shout. I am usually over at slantsix.org. I only check in here, about once a week, so I might miss something.
Last year a friend and I built a strickly street engine for his 64 Valiant 4 dr sdn. It is real peppy and getting 26-28 mpg. Detirmine exactly what you want from the car, and build for that.

That would be what I am looking to build "strictly street".
Thanks Charrlie!! I will find you when the little A gets here.:iconbigg:
The motor has only 50000 miles on it and it may just need some up grades
and no new pistons. That would be cool.:iconbigg:

I set my 66 Valiant 170 slant up with just a 2 inch id ex system and that alone made a huge difference on the hiway. Once it's got some revs it flys.This with a 2 bbl should be all you really need for a nice street ride.I'm now getting ready to put that set up in my Valiant wagon or this little 65 V100 I have with a 4 speed behind it. I think you'll like the 170 when you get it set up the way you want it.They are really good motors.

-
Back