1920 carb rebuild question

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
I decided to rebuild my 1920 Holley carburetor so I ordered an Echlin kit from Napa. It came the next day but had absolutely no instructions. I need to know the following:

1) Where does the little ball bearing that came with the kit go? I know it's an important check valve but I didn't see anything fall out of mine.

2) What level do I adjust the float to?

I'd also like to know where I can find an exploded diagram of this carb.

Thanks in advance.

Phishta, thanks for posting the link.

I'm still trying to figure out where the ball bearings go. My rebuild kit came with several, but there's no mention of them in the instructions!

Rebuilding my 1920 is one of my winter projects. First time I've done this, but everyone tells me it'll be "easy".

I can't believe it didn't come with the instruction sheet. Every kit I ever bought had one. You'll need to get one somewhere to show what your particular carb needs in the way of adjustments and settings.

Pishta, thanks for the drawing... exactly what I needed. I put it together without the ball bearing, now I have to pull it apart again and do it right. It's easy enough though.

I didn't mention, I had 2 carbs and 2 floats so I used the lighter float. I did run it already and it made a big difference. It now runs great!

-
Back