1920 idle problems

-

dusterny

Reaction score
I took duster out this and it ran just fine. I got in traffic and she would not
idle at all. If my foot wasn't on the gas she would stall. Sounded like vacuum hose off or something. I stoped at a friends house and we checked all hoses and connections nothing wrong we could see. Low vacuum still. This is slant motor with 1920 carb. Could power valve inside carb cause all this? We can't find any problem outside of carb. He has machine that blows smoke into intake and carb-no leaks on hoses or intake gasket. I'll order carb kit and try that first unless someone has a better idea. Thanks guys

If your power valve is blown, you will be stupid rich at idle. If your PCV valve is jacked up you will not have a smooth idle.

Make sure the carb hasn't loosened from the intake and sucking air underneath. It happens. Good luck

Check your PCV hose at the carb end. They will split on the bottom and it looks and feels OK but leaks big time. Had this happen to me and I had no clue until I had the car on a lift and could see from underneath. Also check the slop in the throttle shaft, especially if it looks like gas has been leaking and running down the side of the carb.

Thanks for all the input guys. I have seen a trickle of gas running down front of carb. I have kit on its way I will pull carb and check all of these items and rebuild.Thanks to FABO again!

-
Back