Not open for further replies.

72bluNblu

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a new home for our 1955 Dodge Coronet. My girlfriend used this car a daily driver for about a year, but we're not using it nearly as much anymore and its time to make some room for our other projects. The car is mostly original , although we made some modifications to make it a more reliable driver.

1955 Dodge Coronet 2dr hardtop
-270 polysphere V8, original engine, unknown if its ever been rebuilt but it runs well for original
-2 speed automatic transmission
-4 barrel Offy intake manifold with 500cfm Eddy carb (original intake and carb available)
-'70's LA 318 distributor
-rebuilt 6v alternator, still using the original 6v + ground system
-70's mopar "cop car" rims with new tires (original rims available)
- Rusty Hope front disk brakes, dual pot master cylinder, adjustable proportioning valve and stainless brake lines
-Clear and current California title

The car does need a few things, mostly interior related. No headliner or carpet, and you can see that the front seat is actually from a 4 door model. We have an original split bench for it that needs to be recovered, but it will come with the car. A previous owner bolted some 1/4" plate to the floor, there are some holes in the floor boards but a few small patches will take care of it, the 1/4" plate makes it look worse than it really is. Car was repainted at some point and has a some issues with the clear coat and a few dents, largest is in the passenger door.

Overall a great car to drive and repair as you go. Could easily go back to all original, or keep some of the minor mods and work on a great traditional hot rod. We're happy to entertain reasonable offers, and I can provide more pictures on request. PM for more info, questions, etc.

Asking $6,300 OBO

Car is located in Sacramento, California

IMG_5376_zps80f48a21.jpg

IMG_5450_zpsf8b6e8fd.jpg

IMG_5470_zps57186da4.jpg

IMG_5471_zpsafa3f4f6.jpg

IMG_5472_zps4ac8fc09.jpg

IMG_5473_zps4c5295c6.jpg

IMG_5476_zps2df0d45d.jpg

IMG_5477_zpsb9a879e6.jpg

IMG_5488_zps55db4a92.jpg

IMG_5491_zpsa83f70bf.jpg

IMG_5492_zpsc1887e2a.jpg

Nice car, good luck with the sale. Did you do the disc brake conversion? How do you like the rusty hope kit? Are the factory rear drums still used? What master was used, was an adapter plate required for the master? I am planning to do a disc conversion to my 55 soon and had not heard of rusty hope. I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Nice car, good luck with the sale. Did you do the disc brake conversion? How do you like the rusty hope kit? Are the factory rear drums still used? What master was used, was an adapter plate required for the master? I am planning to do a disc conversion to my 55 soon and had not heard of rusty hope. I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Sent you a PM with the brake info

Someone was looking for a 55, a few months back..

Maybe do a search..

Huh, guess I'll have to take a look. Thanks for the info.

***edit***
Found it, there was a member looking for a '55 Plymouth about 8 months ago. That's a ways back, but I sent a PM anyway. Thanks again.

Weekend bump, and a video of the engine running for good measure. :thumbup:

[ame]http://youtu.be/0uXu0Sa7bnA[/ame]

Hey nice car, is it still available? If so, please send me a phone number so we can talk.

Regards,

Ben

Bump! Reasonable offers will be considered, worst I can say is no! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back