1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

-

ab7fh

Reaction score
Picked up a new project car. Something for the street this time.

Attachments

• 1D7_0888.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 1D7_0904.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 1D7_0903.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 676
  • 1D7_0902.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 721
  • 1D7_0901.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 691
  • 1D7_0900.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 745
  • 1D7_0893.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 673
  • 1D7_0891.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 951
  • 1D7_0890.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 661
  • 1D7_0889.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 787

Attachments

• DSC_3709.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 684
  • 1D7_0907.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 656
  • 1D7_0906.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 659
  • 1D7_0905.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,112

Attachments

• seneca_diary.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 672
  • seneca_radio.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 685
As nice as the door panels are is how bad the seats are!! The foam turned to dust, and when you get in, you're practically sitting on the floor!

Love it....Will look great when your done..Love to have something like that

Man, what I would give to find a project like that! Looks to either have been a sounthern car or it sure led a sheltered life! Very solid! Wish that was mine!!!

Rick, I noticed the blue firewall, and how well it matches the interior, obviously the car was painted at one time. What's your plan for it?

Be concise!

What a great car. The Master Mechanic I apprenticed under had a baby blue and white one he bought new. I loved to drive that car. Good luck. It looks like a fairly straight forward restoration. I'm concerned about the oil splatter in the engine compartment though LOL! Dan

Rick, I noticed the blue firewall, and how well it matches the interior, obviously the car was painted at one time. What's your plan for it?

Be concise!

Plans have changed already. My original plan was to make the thing ridiculously powerful and keep it on the street. My wife saw the car, feel in love, and now it's going to be a build for her.

So far we have agreed not to make this a complete resto. It will be driver quality, and will use the Poly motor that's in it now. The engine runs great! I would love to find a dual quad manifold for it, so there's a little treat inside when the hood is opened. If anyone finds a dual quad setup for a 318 Poly let me know.

At the minimum it will get, all new bushings, new brake lines, dual cicruit master cylinder, wheel cylinders rebuilt, seats redone, new headliner, carpet, seat belts, and get the dash looking really nice.

Next stage would be the paint job.

If you noticed the photo of the key, that is the spare key the owner had attached to a wire loom that runs on top of the front valance! Open the hood, look straight down, and there it is. I had never seen someone screw their key to the car before!!

If you noticed the photo of the key, that is the spare key the owner had attached to a wire loom that runs on top of the front valance! Open the hood, look straight down, and there it is. I had never seen someone screw their key to the car before!!

Good idea, until you realize you locked the screwdriver in the car..

Do any of those parts interchange with the Dodge Royal/Custom Royal?

DSC01691.jpg

Off hand it doesn't look like too much is the same between them.

At first I was gonna say "I think I'm in love" Now I'm sayin' I know I am.
Funny about the hide-a-key. I bought a 64 Belvedere and the hide-a-key was screwed to the underside lip of the hood.

Oh, another cool factoid... The previous owners were non-smokers. The ash tray has no sign of use after 50 years!!

Rick that thing is gonna be so badass......I am really jealous.

Very cool car, you don't see many. Chrysler had some cool names for styling elements...."jet-tube" tail lights lol.

-
Back