1962 Glass gaskets

-

440farmer

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know where I can get windshield, rear vent, and quarter glass gaskets for a 62 Valiant wagon?
Were going to put a headliner in and the gaskets are hard.
Thanks

Look on eBay there is a supplier there and the price is fair too about $140 for windshield gasket.

Agree with Mr. Sinister that windshield gaskets are available. Awhile back there was a thread inquiring about remaking the quarterglass gaskets. Poster was looking for interested parties to get initial order size up. Never heard back. Still interested if your going to the trouble to have them made. In those older threads there are references to "universal" gasket material sold by the foot that is useable. If you by the universal stuff it would be helpful to other early wagon owners watching this thread as to how that material works out.

A friend in Texas has an old Plymouthh wagon . When he got it the back side glass was missing. H e found a glass but couldn't locate a seal. A friend of his, who was a Caterpillar rep., came to his house and saw it and suggested he check with the Caterpillar parts department. He went there and they matched it up with the seal for the other side and ordered enough feet to do the job. He said the only thing different was he had to seal where the ends meet with urethane. Just a place to check if you don't find the correct part.

I had to get my windshield gasket from Oz a few years ago. Maybe there is a source for our cars now. Also had to get a windshield from an obsolete glass dealer.

Thank you all for the replies
The windshield doesn't seem to be a problem it's the quarter and vent windows.
We have a 65 cornet wagon quarter glass gasket.
Will compare the 2 - thinking if the corners are somewhere close we could piece it together.
We have no other choice..
Using urethane to join the pieces together- that's what I was thinking I'm going to run it by the glass man.
Is there any other thing we could try to join them together?
Thanks

Rear quarter gaskets are available, but it's an Australian supplier. I lost the website when my computer pooped out, but you may get lucky hitting ebay.com.au and searching Valiant wagon or Valiant Safari. Then all you need to worry about is currency conversion and waiting on shipping...

Thanks
That's what I learning Alot is coming out of Australia as the owner bought a grill and some trim
Stuck in customs now
Thanks

Rear quarter gaskets are available, but it's an Australian supplier. I lost the website when my computer pooped out, but you may get lucky hitting ebay.com.au and searching Valiant wagon or Valiant Safari. Then all you need to worry about is currency conversion and waiting on shipping...
Don't worry about the dollar...u guys are getting 1.40 on the exchange....
By the way we never got wagons or 2 dorrs down here only 4 Dr sedans....but rubbers and windshields are not a problem

By the way we never got wagons or 2 dorrs down here only 4 Dr sedans....but rubbers and windshields are not a problem
Thanks for the info, it's not a problem about where it comes from Australia has good quality, I run Romac balances on my motor and won't change for anything
:thumbsup:

I stand corrected- the RV1 and SV1 were 4 doors only... no wagons until the AP5 in '63...?
Never doubt a man named Dodge!

-
Back