1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
Mini Nationals started out badly with the rain, but turned out to be a good day. Stan's car definitely deserved the first place award & there were some very nice cars in his category. The pictures he posted don't show the really nice work & craftsmanship that Stan put into getting the car to it's final stage. There were some very fine cars in all of the other categories & some very good deals in the swap meet area. I ran into some old friends & made a few new ones who may be able to help me out chasing parts for my friends who are starting & finishing Mopar projects.

Last edited:
Took a break from the Colt race car and took Lancersaurus to Tulsa Raceway Park this weekend for a Mopar show and some slant six drag racing. Small show and only 4 Slant Six racers, but had a great time. Got to meet some great folks and got to hang with my Slant Six racers. Since my car has so few miles on it, I just made a slow pass to help get some time in the seat for me. I really think that Saturday was the first time my wagon has EVER been down the track. And after years away, I did cut a decent light! The wagon won two awards at the show, Tulsa Raceway Park Favorite and 3rd Place Best In Show.
IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
Rusty Vs Stan.JPG

Trust me, you don't want to see the time slip! But I did tree him! Truth be known, I owed Mark Goodman (teamgreen, 61 Lancer) a favor and promised I would bring it to a show and race with him. So I figured I would give one of the slant guys a first round win and just left it in drive. It got a little wobble around 60 and I remembered I didn't get the front end alignment done, so I just cruised on through. It was great fun. Colt has my attention now.
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG

Last edited:
They are never really finished! Just plugging along on the little details and tweaking.

They are never really finished! Just plugging along on the little details and tweaking.

It's come along great. So how does it RUN? It should be pretty dang peppy.

It runs great, but I think it needs more converter. It came out of the hole real strong, but I didn't want to zing it up. I was a long way from home and didn't want to do anything stupid. Might run it this coming spring at Ennis and see how it does. I do need to put a solid mount on the drivers side.

Working through the details to get it as good as I can. One dash light doesn't work, need a 14 inch tire for the steel spare, front end alignment, valve adjustment, 770 plastic insert for tailgate emblem, 2 Fenton caps for the rear wheels, and a couple more things. Going to try and make Mo-Kan to race MOPAR Frank, (he is little under the weather and could use your prayers), and then we shall see. With my Colt project I don't have the time or space really to have 2 cars...
Trailer II.jpg

Getting ready for MoKan. Drove her around the neighborhood today, she seemed like she wanted to go. Adjusted the valves and got the spare tire installed. Alignment next week. I hope they don't cancel MoKan because of the virus scare. Also installed a manual choke cable, needs a little more tweek to work better.

IMG_0139.JPG

Stan, wish I could make MoKan, unfortunately there are family things in the offing. Have a safe trip & enjoy the fruits of your labor.

^^ Yes I miss Mo- Kan, used to live about 45 minutes East of there. Usually the only bad thing that can happen there is too much rain and it is called off for a few weeks. They have a website to check on their schedule and weather.
They called off Houston rodeo/stock show, but Austin starts this Sat and is still scheduled to go on.

Crazy what is going on right now.
The American just finished here in DFW.
I hope Mo-Kan doesn't cancel.
I have a friend doing the Boston Marathon next month, I am worried.

Installed a choke on the carb this week. Not real polished but it works. The 4119S carb is not fitted for a manual choke. Installed a bracket on the dash and connected the cable to the carb flap. A Hyper Pak engine is pretty cold natured.
IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

Spent hours getting the dash lights working. I had one working but two didn't work. The two that didn't work turned out to be ground issues. The powdercoat was keeping them from working. That was a lot of work. Here are some not so good pictures of the blue green glow!
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG

My friend Mark sold me an NOS wagon tail light housing last year. I already had NOS units on the wagon, but figured another might not hurt if something happened. So I was looking at the left one the other day and it had a small blemish in the casting. Never noticed that before. So today I went ahead and swapped it out.
IMG_0218.JPG

Then I started working on a complete 61 Lancer Dash I had in the garage. Going to mount it on the wall. So I do a cheap clean and polish on the dash cluster. It's not shiny, but it will look great on the wall. I will paint the dash frame tomorrow. Here is what it turned out like.
IMG_0224.JPG

Last edited:
DART66GT, well I missed a few here in the states, so I got a friend in OZ send me a old one I repaired and then powder coated it. I never did get the smaller fan cover plate, but made one and then mounted the ECU on it. I still plan on mounting the blower unit under the dash to move air for the defrost function. If you go back far enough in the thread you can see the plate and the repairs.
DSCN0070_20.jpg

-
Back