1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
What else do you do with a 1961 Dodge Lancer dash?
Clean, paint and mount on the wall of course.
1961 Lancer Dash.JPG

Tailgate emblem insert painted and waiting to polish. You can see the stress cracking in the plastic form. I was hoping after paint it would not show up, but as you can see...
Oh well, for an almost 60 year old part, it looks pretty good.
770 Trunk Insert.JPG

^^ Hope you and everyone is taking care up there the best you can!!!! Be safe!

I was hoping to pour a little concrete and put up some roof this winter while cool, but it has not happened!! Might be a while!!

Welcome to the First A Body Club!
I looked for that emblem insert for 10 years, do I need to say, it's hard to find?
There is an NOS hood ornament for sale on Ebay right now.
FYI, I watched an episode of Chasing Classic cars last week, and Wayne picked up a 62 wagon for a concours de elegance at Amelia Island. It had a 770 emblem on the tail gate!

The 62 that Wayne Carini got for the Lemons race was a decent old wagon, but I think that was originally aired a couple of years back.

Took the old girl out for a short ride in the neighborhood. I needed to replace the water and anti-rust in the cooling system with some anti-freeze anyway. I had it ready for the strip but I wanted to get that changed. I took it down the street to a friend with a long suffering firebird project. He was impressed, and I hope it motivated it him to get back to his project.
IMG_0300.JPG

Got the girl out today for our neighborhood parade for Memorial Day.
Rain stopped for an hour and we had a great time.
Memorial Day 2020 01.jpeg
Memorial Day 2020 02.jpeg
Memorial Day 2020 03.jpeg

I was all ready to go to Mo-Kan, but my friend up there said it might not be worth the trip for this year. So change of plans and I stayed home.

On a sad note, if any of you know Mopar Frank in MN, he passed away Tuesday. One of my close Mopar and Slant Six friends. We were supposed to run our Wagons at Mo-Kan before he got sick. Rest in Peace Frank!
DSCN0878.JPG

One of Franks Lancers, first place stock Early A Body at Carlisle a couple of years ago.
Franks 62 Wagon Chrysler 2.jpg

Cancer sucks. And all us old guys are getting older, faster than ever.
We are not promised tomorrow, sometimes the hour glass runs out long before it should.

Today is a semi-sad day. Today I sold Lancersaurus. The plan was always to put the Hyper Pak in a early A body and fix it up. That was finished last year and I was pretty happy about how it all turned out. Anyway I need garage space and money for the Colt race car and the rest is history. I hope she lives the rest of her days pampered in a warm garage and gets driven on nice days to get a milkshake or watch a drive in movie. Sad to see her go, but I think she has a great new home.
Thank you to all the hundreds of friends who supported me on this journey, thanks for the compliments and folks I met along the way. From day one, through the theft and recovery, and the finished product. Thank you FABO for a place to show pictures and met great people.

From Feb 2010, it took almost 10 years but it was worth it.

IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG

She’s still one beautiful ride. I know you’ll miss her.

I know how you feel Stan. I sold my cuda back in October. I had mixed emotions when it left, but I wanted to do something different. Had that car for almost 25 years.

20191013_115312.jpg

Had to be a hard decision to make.Good luck with the new adventure.
Just took mine in to get the interior done. Hope to have it on the road in the spring.

Stan, I'm VERY sorry to see the Lancer go. I always looked forward to your updates on the build. I'm glad she is going to a good home & will be well taken care of. Now it's time to bust A$$ on the Colt so we can read all about the NEW adventure.

-
Back