1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
I thought I would get a tread started on my 1962 Dinosaur restoration. I picked it up in Texas this March and here are some original condition pictures.

1962 Dodge Lancer and Daltons coe 005_320x240.jpg

1962 Dodge Lancer and Daltons coe 029_320x240.jpg

1962 Dodge Lancer and Daltons coe 036_320x240.jpg

CIMG2470_320x240.JPG

Good luck with your project. That body style has some awesome lines. Tell us about your plans for it.

I have a pic of a 62 valiant wagon somewhere-- with scoop & very wide tires-- taken in Topeka ks in 2005, it might give you a direction one 1 or the other,Lawrence

That's cool, I'm thinking gasser, with big & littles and a blown Hemi sticking out of the hood....

I agree...Gasser Lancersaurus!!That eats Furd and Chebbys!Cool find for sure,don,t think I,ve ever seen one.

Thanks for all the input! I like the gasser idea, but it's too nice. The plan now is resto it and run a Hyper Pac 170 and make an NHRA Stock Class Car. Here are some more pictures of where it is going. This is what the underside looked like. Last picture is underside painted and ready to install the rear.

IMG_3786_320x240.JPG

IMG_3787_320x240.JPG

IMG_3788_320x240.JPG

IMG_3856_320x240.JPG

thats the theme i have been doing on my wagon. 60's NHRA junior stock class car. nice wagon by the way. it looks real solid.

Wow thats super clean,you,ve done a great job.I recant my suggestion(Gasser)now after seeing the underbody.LOL

Very nice car to start with, and you are doing a nice job.

Just curious, why you are going with the 170 though, and not the 225? I understand those front end pieces are somewhat difficult to locate, have you found them yet, or are yours in good shape?

I had one of those aluminum 225s for a while, and put it in my daughter's 67 Barracuda fastback. Once she popped that expensive head gasket, I yanked it back out and put an iron one back in.

Very nice car to start with, and you are doing a nice job.

Just curious, why you are going with the 170 though, and not the 225? I understand those front end pieces are somewhat difficult to locate, have you found them yet, or are yours in good shape?

I had one of those aluminum 225s for a while, and put it in my daughter's 67 Barracuda fastback. Once she popped that expensive head gasket, I yanked it back out and put an iron one back in.

HemiEd
When I read the early design info on the slant, they started with the 170 and that was the basis for the engineering. All the design was around the little engine. When they enlarged to the 225, they had a ton of problems and one engineer said it was a P.O.S. Now we know that is not true, but it got me thinking about port sizes and stuff. The Hyper Pac was run using the smaller engine and I have been told it will zing to 7 or 8K with very few problems. The weight break is better with the little engine and I just want to try making it work. I have a lot of time running the 225 with the Hyper Pac and none with the 170 so it will be a learning experience. Plus I know the 170 will allow me to run an air cleaner under the hood without trimming. Not sure about the 225.

any thing different is KOOL,,, seems the lancers are starting to pop up here and there,, if you dont drag it,,a por touring set up would be kool here is a pic from this past weekend at chryslers at carlisle,,,valiant 62 with 605 C I indy all aluminum hemi,,

mopars@carlisle 2010 218.jpg

mopars@carlisle 2010 219.jpg

any thing different is KOOL,,, seems the lancers are starting to pop up here and there,, if you dont drag it,,a por touring set up would be kool here is a pic from this past weekend at chryslers at carlisle,,,valiant 62 with 605 C I indy all aluminum hemi,,

What a COOL car......I love people who are not afraid to be different!

Getting ready for paint now. Got a new windshield and looking for a windsheild gasket. Seats are just back from the shop. They look great, I will post the before and after pictures next. Here is the rear installed. I swapped the emergency cables to the 10 inch backing plates. Thanks for all your inputs!

IMG_3854_320x240.JPG

IMG_3879_320x240.JPG

IMG_3880_320x240.JPG

Got fenderwells sanded today and underhood wet sanded. Going back with a brite white and red inset color combo. Here are the seats. First picture is a rear seat I got from Rodney in TN. THANKS RODNEY! The wagon did not have seats when I picked it. I redid a Valiant front seat and the wagon rear seat. The wagon has a special rear seat that folds down. Mine is a 2 seat wagon, not the 3 version. The only thing missing is an embossed LANCER stamp on both seats in the middle. But I still have the stock door panels that have LANCER in them.

IMG_3428_320x240.JPG

IMG_3873_640x480_320x240.JPG

IMG_3864_320x240.JPG

Wow, this build gives me a warm and fuzzy feelin' :happy10:. My folks had a '62 Lancer, I've got a soft spot for wagons, AND it's gonna be a Hyper Pak, too? Too Cool Old School! Can't wait to see how this one turns out! Subscribed :)

LUV the Lancer...I'm a big fan! Try Andy Bernbaum @ www.oldmoparts.com for the windshield gasket. He had what I needed for my 62 Lancer GT. He's awesome and knows his stuff! ~ Bea

-
Back