-
Status
Not open for further replies.

stumper

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Just realized that I had this on FBBO but did not post it over here so in case there is someone looking for a hot, unique, clean headturner here it is!!

I've decided to part ways with my hot rod. This car has been a riot to cruise around with and take to shows and local cruise ins. It's unique looks and awsome power plant draws a crowd everywhere it goes. It will get anyone's adrenelin boiling with just a tap of the throttle.
This car is for someone looking for some "in your face" detroit muscle in an "unusual" package. Not something you see everyday on the street or at the car shows - or even drag strips. If you are tired of the Chevelles, Camaros and Mustangs and love Mopars - especially one that will eat just about anything else on the road, this is your ticket!
This car started out as a rock sold, rust free sedan and is built with nothing but the best components. You really need to contact me for pictures and details if you are really interested since I am quite limited on what I can post here. The car has won awards this year at several car shows including best B modified at the Farmington Mopar show, Best B Mod and Best of Show at the Rock and was also selected car of the month for January on the 62-65' Mopar Web Site. She gets thumbs up and draws attention everywhere it goes - even more so when the motor is running!! The car is currently being driven on the street to local cruise ins and shows - but could also be a realy nice 10 second drag car if you wanted - or both. The motor is a stock stroke, high strung 440 that puts out near 700 hp at about 7400 rpm !! The motor alone has about $15K invested in it with only the best components throughout (see build details) . Mated to a Turbo Action 727 Torqueflite with manual valve body and Cheater Shifter, The power runs to a Dana 60 rear end with 4:56 gears. The car has an 8 point roll cage and sub frame connectors to keep it straight and safe and the rearend is shortened and tubbed. All of the components on this car are near new and the car looks great.
The interior was replaced last year with all new custom seat covers, door panels and carpet. Paint is a couple years old and has a few small flaws but looks great overall. My other listings I posted a big long list of components but had some feedback that it may be too much for an ad so I'll leave it out. But I have for the asking, a pretty complete list of just about everything on this car and a ton of pictures.

The car is in lower North Carolina and I am asking $29999 for it. If you like the early 60s style and need a strong muscle car, before you write it off for having 4 doors you should look at the pictures and build details. I have a set of race wheels / tires (Weld Draglites) that I can swap out for the set that's on there if you want to race - or I can include the extra set for another $1000.

ply3.jpg

SDC11468.jpg

SDC11933.jpg

SDC11937.jpg

SDC11936.jpg

SDC11943.jpg

SDC11934.jpg

dynoA1437.jpg

:burnout:

And it can be your sweet ride :) Now that the car is just about finished (if they ever really are finished) I want to move on to something completely differenrt. Started hunting for a late 50s early 60s "big fin" Mopar. I'd love to build up a neat boulevard cruiser..

Price Reduced to $28,500. This is another case where there is way more than this invested in the car. My loss is your gain. I just want to move on to another Mopar project involving really big rear fins :) Had it to another show a few weeks back and it took 1st Place in Pro Street Class plus Best of Show Paintjob.

Ya either hate em or love em, there's no in between :) Back in the day I hated the style, now I love it...

Wow! What a beautiful car! You did an awesome job on the build. Must say that it one of the few 4 doors that I would consider owning. But, I already have a street cruiser. And yes, it is one of those fin cars you are looking for your next project.

I studied and considered everything Mopar from 55 to 61. In the end I decided that 60/61 fins & taillights where what I wanted. I was looking for a coupe and ran across the convertible I own. Could not pass it up. I bought the car from the second owner who has had the car since 1966. All I have done so far to the car is lower the front end and put some Coy wheels on it. Everything on the car is in working condition. I have bought a 413 and a set of long rams to build up to replace the 2 barrel 361 in the car. But for now I just load up some freinds and we cruise. Lots of "Hey Batman where is Robin?" comments.

So sorry to not be a customer for your 62.

Maybe I can help you out on your fin adventure. I have a lot of information form the 3 year search. Let me know.

Is that your Cuda in the picture? I have a 67 Cuda drag car also. Would like to see some more pictures of it.

A couple pictures of my fins below for your viewing pleasure - more of all my cars in my galleries.

Good luck selling your car and let me know how your fin hunt progresses.

Happy Holidays

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 61 with top up at UG.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 1,739
  • 61 side view.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,740
  • 61 three quarter.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,637
Bumping this up for another round. I guess my asking price is out of line as I'm getting no serious bites on this car. This is another one of those cars that the build parts alone cost more than the asking price, not even considering the work so I'm already going to take a bath on it. I would really like to sell it and would be open to serious offers on it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back