1963 Plymouth Valiant exhaust manifold

-

dtuck

Reaction score
I am in need of and exhaust manifold for my 1963 Plymouth Valiant 4 door.
Car is almost perfect with only 14k original documented miles it just has an exhaust leak that can't be fixed with JB Weld. I have tried. Any leads? I appreciate any help!

If your existing pipes are sound and just one bad spot, it would be easier to cut out that section and add new pipe. You can find all parts at any auto store cheap. If you can't weld, you can seal w/ exhaust clamps, especially if downstream of the muffler.

Many Thanks Bill! I am new to this forum so I should have given more information. I have bought and sold many cars over the years but they have always been restoration projects that required a professional. I am a carpenter and can do anything with wood but I am limited when it comes to mechanics. This car is just for fun and looks (its Carolina Blue and my wife is a huge Carolina fan). That's why I'm going to attempt the fix myself. The manifold is rusted through in 3 different places and they are all where it bolts to the engine. Seems like an easy replace if I can get the manifold. Your input is VERY appreciated. Thanks again,
Dale

This looks like a solution to your problem.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=262062&cc=1491417

"Hardware: 2 Studs, 2 Nuts, 1 Heat Riser Spring; Gaskets: 1 Manifold & 1 Flange
More like a complete kit than a single part, many of our Exhaust Manifolds include gaskets and hardware for a complete installation. Since this part is a direct replacement, the exact fit adds another layer of efficiency and convenience."

ATB

BC

Here is another one http://www.1aauto.com/1A/ExhaustManifolds/Dodge/Dart/1AEEM00664/543338/1972

Be aware, however, all slant six exhaust manifold will inter change, there are some differences. Mostly in the choke pocket. If you are looking to stay Concurs original, neither of the mentioned manifolds are correct, and are visually different then the 63 Manifold.

If you are looking to stay original, try asking at www.slantsix.org someone there might be able to help. I think I have a good used 65 manifold, I would have to check to see if it would be correct for the 63, also.

I got one about a year ago brand new shipped to my door for just under $200. I can't remember where I got it from, but will ask the guy who gave me the information for it again.

i have 1 here in north carolina if you like to come get it.. have a complete 6 (took apart) you can have..:D

Thanks Charrlie. I will check the website out and see if they have one to fit my 170 cu. in. In the mean time, if you could see if yours would fit mine, that would be great. I would love to make a deal and get this behind me. Thanks again for your help!

-
Back