1963 Plymouth Valiant Info Needed

-
Why can't I just buy it and title it as a 1962?

The current title says 1962

you could do that but it will probably come back and bite you down the road. As far as what it’s worth it’s hard to tell. If the seller has no problem lying to you about the title. He has no problem lying to you about bondo and who knows what else. That could very well be a stolen car.

The Vehicle Identification Number 2121126803 is from a 1962 Plymouth Slant 6 (880, Custom, Dart, Lancer 170, Newport, Savoy, Valiant 100) built in the Lynch Road, MI assembly plant (build sequence number 126803).
Looks like there is a 62 out there missing its VIN? Obviously VIN does not support this belonging to this car. Not an expert, but I don't think any 63 Valiants built at Lynch Road plant. 60-62 maybe. In any case, lots of red flags here.

you could do that but it will probably come back and bite you down the road. As far as what it’s worth it’s hard to tell. If the seller has no problem lying to you about the title. He h

agree - when you want to sell it.

Stay away from it...no matter what a good deal it may be. Like others have stated...could be stolen, not worth hassles of explaining to the next guy who may want to buy it why the VIN doesn't match, maybe there is a lien on it and they are hiding the car from repo with a different VIN on it. Be patient, the right car will come for you!

Thanks for all the info

I passed on it and it sold fast

I will keep searching

'63. When a car is 'built' from it's original life to another, there is room for a lot of inaccuracies. Appreciate it for what is. In real life there were not too many survivors- they all got wrecked, junked or modified. I feel a lot of so called numbers matching and survivor cars is pure BS nowadays. VIN on car has to match title or else no way Jose!

Last edited:
-
Back