1963 Valiant Possible Purchase

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I have a local guy looking to sell a 1963 plymouth valiant four door. He wants 800. I am waiting on pictures but he thinks it has a slant six. Assuming it has no serious issues what price range should I be trying for?

Good price,if its not a rustbucket.would help to know if he is strapped for cash.650 700 would be a fair start.

Unless the engine has been swapped and the firewall modified, it's a slant. That's all the came with.

StrokerScamp did not know that. I am hoping to talk him down to between 300 and 400 as that is what I have to spend on a new car but I am not confident I will get him to go that low. He is taking pictures tomorrow of the engine bay, interior, floor pans, trunk and I asked for a few underside pictures. Hopefully that will give me some indication as to the amount of rust and if it is to far gone I think I may walk away.

it the car is running driving now -- that's a good price, around here they start at 2200 & go up, with rust issues & other problems-- i would love to find a 60's slant car for my father/daughter project ,Lawrence

StrokerScamp did not know that. I am hoping to talk him down to between 300 and 400 as that is what I have to spend on a new car but I am not confident I will get him to go that low. He is taking pictures tomorrow of the engine bay, interior, floor pans, trunk and I asked for a few underside pictures. Hopefully that will give me some indication as to the amount of rust and if it is to far gone I think I may walk away.
Around here, you could get more than your offer running the car over the scales.....

cudamark What do you mean? Buy it and resell it?

Honestly I am close to done with the Barracuda and would not mind another project. I have loved every minute of my current restoration.

What cudamark means is it is worth more if he drove it to the crusher than what you say you are willing and able to pay.

-
Back