[WANTED] 1964-65 273 commando air cleaner and vlave covers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick around and be patient. They surface here every now and then. You will need the stovepipe on both covers and the passenger cover will have wire loom tabs only. The Charger/Commando started in 1965. The 66 covers had the stovepipes and the loom tabs but also a added tab on the passengers valve cover to prevent the harness from overheating on the heat riser passage. The 67's passenger side cover had a rubber grommet for the pcv. The 65 and 66 covers are the most expensive to correctly accessorize because the oil fill cap and pcv cap were also used on the 426 Hemi. The caps are available as repops but are quite spendy. The photo is of a 66 cover. note the 4'' long tab below the pcv stovepipe on the top cover. tmm

Attachments

• 66 commando valve covers clean 001.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 172
This photo is of a pair of 65 covers which were restored by our own Leanna from Phoenix Specialty Coatings. She has done dozens of sets and is the best! tmm

Attachments

• 3162102.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 214
They make for a great looking LA engine. tmm

Attachments

• engine 2861.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 180
Hey Tim - I can set you up with a set of 65 Commando's that were restored by Leanna. I have and can include the chrome oil filler cap AND the chrome PCV cap with NOS PCV as mentioned by toolmanmike. Oh yes I also have the 65 Commando air cleaner too.

those are formula S covers not found on all camando engines. my commando came snouted round style air cleaner and i don't have the pics loaded but i have the valve covers in the garage that were motor color red black stove pipes breathers and 2 x2 wire looms and wire harness and alternater wire flaps just like the 235 hp low comp engines . that is 1 fine job by sister lenna WOW impressive

Here are pics I just took about 10 minutes ago.

Attachments

• 2014-12-16 09.42.21.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 2014-12-16 09.42.09.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 2014-12-16 09.40.29.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 2014-12-16 09.41.30.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 2014-12-16 09.40.49.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 141
those are formula S covers not found on all camando engines. my commando came snouted round style air cleaner and i don't have the pics loaded but i have the valve covers in the garage that were motor color red black stove pipes breathers and 2 x2 wire looms and wire harness and alternater wire flaps just like the 235 hp low comp engines . that is 1 fine job by sister lenna WOW impressive

I have seen engine photos of engine painted Charger/Commando covers. I just thought someone got handy with a spray can. LOL tmm

I have seen engine photos of engine painted Charger/Commando covers. I just thought someone got handy with a spray can. LOL tmm

I haven't Mike. I've restored somewhere between 40 and 50 sets of these and the only ones I've ever received in here that weren't black wrinkle were white.

View attachment June 11, 2012 - Before (1) - Copy.jpg

KrazyKuda might not recognize them as they were (as I recall they were from another FABO member and were shipped direct to me) ... but he probably will in this one.

View attachment 021 - Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back