1964-68 Barracuda Old Car Report Price Guide changes

-

pbiggs

Reaction score
While perusing May/June 2017 and July/August 2017 issues of Old Car Report Price Guide, I discovered the following price changes listed in the two issues concerning 1964-68 Barracudas. I own a 65 and 66, thus the interest.
I have no idea if the amounts listed are realistic or not and really don't care. What I found interesting was the price % change in a 2 month period.

May/June July/August

1964 -- 25K -- 25K 0%
1965 -- 27K -- 27K 0%
1966 -- 25K -- 27K +7%
1967 -- 23K -- 30K +23%
1968 -- 22K -- 30K +30%

All price comparisons were #1 condition and base models. (no options added to the price). For all years listed above, the Formula S package would be +10% of the base.
For me, Old Car Report believes my 66 Barracuda is finally now equal in value to my 65.
But.....wow on the 67 and 68 changes at +23 and +30% change. Still love the 1st generations best and no I don't think I'm suddenly car asset wealthy. I know better than that.

the % increases indicate the general interest in each year. no doubt that could be correct. their prices? I have seen those for how many decades? I realize their price is of a #1 car. how many #1 cars are there? you could count them on one hand? maybe two hands? ha
prices for early Barracudas? what do those guys smoke? ha

Well at least I know my net worth is going up on paper...................... What happened to 1969,,, ????.
barracudadave67

the % increases indicate the general interest in each year. no doubt that could be correct. their prices? I have seen those for how many decades? I realize their price is of a #1 car. how many #1 cars are there? you could count them on one hand? maybe two hands? ha
prices for early Barracudas? what do those guys smoke? ha

I've seen the interest, and prices thereof of the early A's shoot way up in just the past year! Not here so much, but out in the real world of Facebook Mopar sites, the early A has gotten crazy popular lately! I'm takin advantage of that and selling stuff on those sites now as well, same prices as always, which seems really cheap to the people on those sites!!!

That 10% increase for formula s isn't right. That would be 10% more for a 340 compared to /6. Also 68 "S" will add more % than a 67 "S" at least because of 340 vs 273-hipo.

Having the 67-68 well below 64-66 was completely botched. That's not the real market for the last 25 years at least

Shows it's not a very reliable list.

Last edited:
Well at least I know my net worth is going up on paper...................... What happened to 1969,,, ????.
barracudadave67
I just happen to have the info you request:

For a 1969 Barracuda, I'm sorry to report the 2017 price has fallen dramatically to a price less than new in 1969.
JUST KIDDING!!! Your car is a good and fun investment.

For 1969 Base Barracuda H'top (not fastback) with V-8

May/ June --- 22K July/August ---- 30K Add 20%/ 340, 30% / 383, 60% / 440
You can sleep tonight.

-
Back