1964 Dart

-

Okie Dart

Reaction score
Im throwin this one out there hopefully someone has some helpful info.....
I desperately need a new seal for the rear glass on a 64 dart post all the vendors I have contacted said either they do not have one or their supplier has discontinued them apparently 64 is a stand alone year

If no one has any insight on that does anyone have any idea how to "soften" an old seal????:banghead:

Soak it in mineral spirits. Since you back glass is flatish, check with your local glass jobber and see if they can make one.

I think 63 - 66 are the same . I have a 64 that needs all the window seals replaced . Super soft has a kit for 67& up just seems like they'd have the earlier ones also . I had just checked the super soft website and they only have one for 63 listed . Anyone be able to compare 63 and 64 rear window seals ?

I think 63 - 66 are the same . I have a 64 that needs all the window seals replaced . Super soft has a kit for 67& up just seems like they'd have the earlier ones also . I had just checked the super soft website and they only have one for 63 listed . Anyone be able to compare 63 and 64 rear window seals ?
'63 uses the plastic trim, '64 uses stainless.

Sounds like 63-66 will work, if you aren't picky. Vendors must list very carefully since some customers scream if not perfectly "correct".

'64-'66 Darts all (except wagon + convertible, duh) use the same backglass and gasket. '63 is not the same, it has a smaller backglass and different gasket.

Windshield and backglass gaskets have been difficult to get lately because one of the major suppliers (most vendors bought from) either went out of business or suspended production. That was about a year ago and there were several threads on the topic on here; I don't know what today's situation is. Doesn't really matter; you can get the 2 pieces you need (#W42 upper and #W43 lower backglass gasket for '64-'66 Dart) from Gary Goers; contact info here.

'64-'66 Darts all (except wagon + convertible, duh) use the same backglass and gasket. '63 is not the same, it has a smaller backglass and different gasket.

Windshield and backglass gaskets have been difficult to get lately because one of the major suppliers (most vendors bought from) either went out of business or suspended production. That was about a year ago and there were several threads on the topic on here; I don't know what today's situation is. Doesn't really matter; you can get the 2 pieces you need (#W42 upper and #W43 lower backglass gasket for '64-'66 Dart) from Gary Goers; contact info here.
I am in the same situation, do you know the price of the rear gasket? I am sending $ for the catalog. thanks again !!!

I have only an older price list in front of me; it shows $85/ea, one of each needed to do the whole job. You bond the two pieces together with an appropriate auto glass urethane adhesive when installing the glass. Seal glass to gasket with urethane; seal gasket to body with "Bedding & Glazing Compound". All of these are standard glass shop supplies.

-
Back