1964 plymouth valiant 340 can I fit a edelbrock air gap intake without modifying hood ?

-

64whiteghost

Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks for all the help on my other threads

So im thinking of going with the edelbrock air gap performer but i need to know if I can fit it under my stock hood ? Anybody running this configuration ?

I had an LD340 on the 360 in my 64 Valiant years ago and it fit with room to spare. I would just bet with the right drop base air cleaner, it'll go. Surely someone has that intake on a small block in one of those cars and they will chime in.

It doesn't fit on mine if I want to use a big K&N filter. With a custom low drop air cleaner.....maybe......

The Wallace Calculator estimates, on a 300hp build, 45hp loss, going from sealevel to 5000ft air density, which is 15%; and is the equal to about two cam sizes.
Not a chance will I ever again run hot underhood air into a carb sitting on a performance engine, and,
especially not with the air-horn jammed up to the underside of the hood.
That hot air, trying to make that turn, will IMO,
cost you more power than the worst aluminum 4bbl intake that you can imagine that is running fresh air at ambient .

Name an aluminum 4bbl intake that, running fresh cold air, could match the powerloss of the Airgap that is running hot air, with the airhorn jakked up to the underside of the hood..

Hey guys. Thanks for all the help on my other threads

So im thinking of going with the edelbrock air gap performer but i need to know if I can fit it under my stock hood ? Anybody running this configuration ?
65 Barracuda, Performer RPM Air Gap, 3310 Holley, Mopar Performance semi-drop base air cleaner, stock hood. Clears easily.

1685913223732.png

-
Back