Thropar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1964 Plymouth Valiant 4 dr.
67k original miles
located in Orlando, FL

Many upgrades to a solid street performer! You can see info about the build and older pictures in this thread:

http://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9921
http://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11213

MORE pictures here:
http://tinyurl.com/3ztsuhw
http://tinyurl.com/3mow9gj

Videos of it running here:
http://tinyurl.com/3tu8nyv

MANY extra parts included. See parts list at bottom!

1.jpg

Originally a 170 slant six, white car w/ red interior. 3rd owner, original owner was an old lady in Vero Beach Florida. She parked it in her carport and drove it for errands! Second owner was a tow truck driver, and he managed to obtain 2 dents from keeping it in his towing yard. I bought it for a movie, being filmed in Athens, GA, and this was the main characters car, driving it across country during filming. Afterwards, I ended up doing many more upgrades in addition to the ones already done for the film. The car runs 15.7@88-ish right now with the stock original push button 904, stock converter, and 3.55 gears.

2.jpg

15.jpg

approx. 8k miles on performance engine:
-225 early truck engine, .080 over cast pistons
-.010/.010 forged crank
-Custom Reed cam, this cam is NICE! excellent cam for a street car, Reed is out of business now, but the cam idles very nice, comes on strong at 2,500 and pulls all the way up to 5500+, the stock valves and springs begin limiting past 5200rpm (that's why I have 2 brand new sets of oversize valves from Engbldr, and a fresh set of 340 valve springs sitting here in boxes, see extra parts listed below)
-Ported head, nicely done w/ 3 angle, stock size valves
-Clifford intake
-Edelbrock 500 carb
-MP 6-1 header, Jet Hot coated
-2 1/4" exhaust out back, done nice, w/ turbo muffler
-MSD 6A ignition, stock electronic distributor
-flex fan
-newer "mini" starter from "91 Dakota"
-"ammeter fix"-bypassed ammeter, excellent charging system is rock solid with HD wiring
-Stock 904 pushbutton, original trans, only thing I added is a large trans cooler
-oil pressure gauge, mechanical, mounted in car

5.jpg

39.jpg

Axle, brake and suspension work has less than 500 miles on it! I think I have over $5k in this stuff alone!

-8 3/4" rear from a '70 Duster that had 34k original miles!
-741 case with 3.55 Mopar gears, the gears whine a little bit around 30-40mph but I've never had a problem with it
-NEW Mopar Sure Grip unit <500 miles
-NEW Moser Big Bolt alloy axles w/ Green bearings <500 miles
-New rear brake cylinders
-Rear drum brakes from 91 Dakota, HD finned drums
-Rear leaf springs are from JC Whitney, I had them re-arched to match better, and use a 1" lowering block. Plans were to remove the blocks and flip the front hangers over.
-NEW Edelbrock Shocks all around….LOVE these shocks ! <500 miles
-16x7" Ford Explorer Aluminum Rims, polished
-NEW Falken ZE912 tires 225/50/16 <500 miles
-Late model aluminum MC 1 1/8" bore w/ adapter NEW <500 miles
-ALL NEW coated steel brake lines, FRONT to BACK
-NEW rubber brake lines
-Adjustable prop valve for rear line, mounted under hood near MC NEW
-73 Duster Big Bolt stock front disc brakes, NEW stock calipers, NEW semi metallic pads <500 miles

-Stock 73 upper control arms
-NEW Moog offset UCA bushings installed for +caster <500 miles
-340 Torsion bars from the 34k mile Duster!
-Stock lower control arms, stiffened w/ Mancini bottom plates
-Moog rubber LCA bushings NEW
-Stock original aluminum steering box, no problems
-Bill O'reilly Heim Joint Strut Rods w/solid bushings--excellent product! NEW <500 miles
-NEW Firm Feel 1 1/8" sway bar w/ poly bushings <500 miles
-NEW Firm Feel HD lower control arm pins, nice parts! <500 miles
-C Body Tie Rods/sleeves, Moog parts NEW <500 miles
-New Idler arm <500 miles
-Stock orig manual steering box

-Trunk mount battery kit w/ super flex fine strand 1gauge welding wire, and marine mount NEW, battery disconnect under hood

The car drives and handles great! It sticks to the road and feels like a sports car going down the road. I was planning on doing the 5 speed very soon but am needing to lighten the project load around here. I've put a lot of tight work into the drivetrain, someone will love this car. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere, it is very reliable.

The body is in great condition, there are a few small rust spots and 2 dents. The dents are in the passenger door, and the lower front valence panel on passenger side. The car had the original white paint, and was painted one time for the movie, in this yellow. There is very little rust under the car, none on any of the subframes, like I said it's a very solid car from a little old lady in Florida!

Here's what it looked like when purchased:

driverside.jpg

Currently, the underneath is very clean:

24.jpg

Trunk:

23.jpg

33.jpg

It would not take much to get the body looking nice again. There are only a few spots that need attention, and then a good coat of paint. The chrome and trim on the car is in excellent condition, lights and lenses, all real nice.

46.jpg

The interior is in good condition, the dash is factory excellent! The AM radio works! The front seat needs to be recovered, or replaced w/ buckets. The front armrests need replaced, the plastic cracked. The rear seat is pretty good, and the door panels are fine. The headliner isn't bad either, it's white. I think someone had the interior redone some time in the 90's.

I removed the aftermarket AC from the car but will include the AC parts w/ the car. Compressor is a decent Sanden if I'm not mistaken.

EXTRA PARTS INCLUDED:

52.jpg

58.jpg

T5 homemade Keisler kit:
-Custom Slant six bellhousing and T5 adapter from one of Lou's slantix.org group purchases, modified for T5 install
-New Ford clutch, 1966 Mustang w/ new bearing and custom fork to fit T5, purchased from Lou (Dart270)
-Slant six flywheel
-Fresh rebuilt T5 w/ 2.95 1st gear. This T5 has about 500 miles on it. It was in a guys 600hp 351 Mustang for engine break in, both built by a performance Ford shop in Longwood FL. He sold it to me after parting his car out needing money.
-A body 4 speed pedals w/ linkage

54.jpg

GRAND NATIONAL TURBO:
-Original stock GN turbo 75k miles very nice cond., no play
-Intercooler, stock GN very nice cond.

-2 x complete sets of Engnbldr oversize valves for slant six, 1.70/1.44 NEW
-1 x complete set Engnbldr 340 valve springs NEW

55.jpg

-1965 Slant short block, good cond
-Multiple Slant heads, 1 cut for Chevy valves
-Many other misc. parts for slant six Mopar included!

ALL PARTS INCLUDED w/ CAR---MUST SELL ASAP!

$5500

Been driving the car around... Fresh oil change, fuel filter, tweaked the float levels, this thing runs good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back