1964 Plymouth Valiant Project

-
Cleaned, blasted, sealed, and recoated...

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

New ball joints, inner and outter tie rods, sleeves, upper and lower bushings, strut rod bushings, motor mounts, tranny mount, and torsion bar dust boots...

IMG_2232.jpg

Thanks guys. It took a while (2 years, no joke) for Kara to pick a color. I was very pleased with her choice!

Spindles cleaned up a bit and fitted with the caliper brackets....

IMG_2217.jpg

Coated...

IMG_2221.jpg

Assembly...

IMG_2223.jpg

Buddy had a turquoise Vert, looked very similiar. Those rear wheels are going to be pretty thin that high up in the well. Probably 225 max. Looks very nice. I think the stockers look nice !

Settintredz, beautiful work your doin there! Did you say that color was a B5 blue or a torquise? Thats the EXACT color I've been looking for my 66 cuda, would you mind sharing? I have been unable to find out what it is called. Keep up the great work! Jim

I had a turquoise 64 valiant convert...Im doing a 65 Barracuda and wanted a similar but more modern color . I chose a '96 Dodge truck color...looks almost identical but with a little more pop

b5 ? looks like the original turqoise color

Settintredz, beautiful work your doin there! Did you say that color was a B5 blue or a torquise? Thats the EXACT color I've been looking for my 66 cuda, would you mind sharing? I have been unable to find out what it is called. Keep up the great work! Jim

The Color:
This was a confusing topic from day one. Most charts showed our fender tag (JJ1) as Light Turquoise. But some said gold!? I assume, from evidence during tear-down, that Light Turquoise was the original color. After doing a couple spray-outs with the original color, we decided to veer from original. She wanted a little brighter, with a bit more pearl. We used the stock color and modified it. I have a code. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of it while at the shop today.

We've been using Raptor Liner for years with great results.

How do you get that heavy texture? Are you adding anything to the mix?

I'm also debating what to use to the replace the sound deadner inside the trunk. Do you use Raptor for that too?

How do you get that heavy texture? Are you adding anything to the mix?

I'm also debating what to use to the replace the sound deadner inside the trunk. Do you use Raptor for that too?

Lower pressure= Heaver Texture
Higher pressure= Finer Texture

I use a shultz gun with attached regulator. Set my pressure to desired texture.

IMG_20110729_081708.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

They have tintable too. Just add toner. Pearls, metallics, whatever.

IMG_1989.jpg

The Color:
This was a confusing topic from day one. Most charts showed our fender tag (JJ1) as Light Turquoise. But some said gold!? I assume, from evidence during tear-down, that Light Turquoise was the original color. After doing a couple spray-outs with the original color, we decided to veer from original. She wanted a little brighter, with a bit more pearl. We used the stock color and modified it. I have a code. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of it while at the shop today.

cool...thats why I picked the 96 tuck color...very close the the original light turquoise, but with more pearl and mettalic...nice...

Beautiful sunset as I was putting the control arms together this evening...

IMG_2220.jpg

Uppers blasted, coated, and new bushings and balljoints installed...

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

Sorry for the late welcome. nice work, I'm sure that the wife will enjoy the new ride. Those wheels will make that vert a nice ride.

-
Back