1964 Plymouth Valiant Project

-
Sorry for the late welcome. nice work, I'm sure that the wife will enjoy the new ride. Those wheels will make that vert a nice ride.

Yea, were close enough now where she can see it and is gettin excited!

Wow! I love that maroon color! Looks like you guys had a great starter

It was pretty solid. Just a few small rust spots on the exterior and two decent size patches in the floor. Easy fixes. Other than that, it was in great shape.

I actually liked that maroon color as well. We had a lot of discussions about the color and the "boss" picked the current color. I think it looks good. And shes happy. You know what they say... A happy wife, is...

Happy life lol either way it looks real sharp! I wish like heck I'd kept my 64

Thank you for a good how to thread, being subscribed to this thread so I don't miss a move, outstanding work and choices, memikey likey :cheers:

Lowers done...

IMG_2261.jpg

Just about finished with the front...

IMG_2266.jpg

Tires came in today. 225/45R17 and 245/45R17 Falken ZE-612.

Billets come in next week.

IMG_2274.jpg

Working on front brake lines. They were pretty nasty and the tube nuts were stuck and stripped pretty good, so I figured it'd probably be best to make new ones.

Just started with scraps of 3/16" line. I dont like what a pain it is to pull the crossover line out (line fron distribution block on drivers rail, to the passenger hub). Without removing numerous wires, throttle linkage, etc. its almost imposible to take that line out. And if you can manage, youll bend it all up in the process. So, in instances like this, I like to make it in multiple pieces. In this case, I will have one crossover line on the firewall, one little shorty from the firewall to the pass hub, and one from the firewall to the distribution block to facilitate installation and service.

Here we have the passenger side shorty...

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

Distribution Block...

IMG_2280.jpg

Drivers side shorty from firewall to D-Block...

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

Drivers side from D-Block to hub...

IMG_2286.jpg

Working on front brake lines. They were pretty nasty and the tube nuts were stuck and stripped pretty good, so I figured it'd probably be best to make new ones.

Just started with scraps of 3/16" line. I dont like what a pain it is to pull the crossover line out (line fron distribution block on drivers rail, to the passenger hub). Without removing numerous wires, throttle linkage, etc. its almost imposible to take that line out. And if you can manage, youll bend it all up in the process. So, in instances like this, I like to make it in multiple pieces. In this case, I will have one crossover line on the firewall, one little shorty from the firewall to the pass hub, and one from the firewall to the distribution block to facilitate installation and service.

Here we have the passenger side shorty...

Distribution Block...

Drivers side shorty from firewall to D-Block...

Drivers side from D-Block to hub...

Dang! That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing that walk through!

No problem Doba.

1/4" from Wilwood master to D-Block. Shorty to drivers hub just like stock. Crossover to passenger hub made in 3 sections for ease of install/ removal/ service. Shorty from D-Block to proportioning valve.

Heres a shot of all the pieces before install...

0056.jpg

Welcome to FABO!Your doing some nice work there.Seeing your pics brings back memories of building my 66 Dart.Keep up the good work and pics too.:D

Thanks! Shes very excited!! She keep asking why I cant just throw the seats in and done. Hahaha.

Speaking of seats, here's a preview...

IMG_2154.jpg

Welcome to FABO!Your doing some nice work there.Seeing your pics brings back memories of building my 66 Dart.Keep up the good work and pics too.:D

It does don't it :happy2:

Nice job on the brake line and look at that interior :cheers:
Thank you for keeping us updated, this thread will sure be helpful to many :happy1:

-
Back