1964 Plymouth Valiant Project

-
Thanks guys. For more than 10 years my wife has been dragged to SEMA, GNRS, and many local shows and photoshoots as we show cars and spend time with our customers. Enough was enough for her. It was her turn to have a cool little driver, and we've had doing it together. It's not gonna be too, crazy, over-the-top. Yet. Hehehehe. Just a fun, reliable car for her to drive on the weekends and turn a few heads. "What on earth is that?" seems to be the most common first words. In a sea of first gen Camaros and the like (heck, we have 6 first gens in the shop right now), its cool for her to have something different.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Speechless =D> =D> =D> Color is a perfect fit :color:

Next in line!! Next in line :hello1:, you have some great work behind you :cheers:

who did the Rendering picture ? very nice =D>

Oop's ! Welcome to this great site :cheers:

Speechless =D> =D> =D> Color is a perfect fit :color:

Next in line!! Next in line :hello1:, you have some great work behind you :cheers:

who did the Rendering picture ? very nice =D>

Oop's ! Welcome to this great site :cheers:

Thanks for the welcome and nice words!

I did the rendering. We do digital and hand-drawn renderings for all of our customers before we begin a project. This "customer" just happens to be my better half :D

=D>SettinTrends Very cool name, memike like

Ok. So I'm missing a few items and I'm sure you guys may be able to help.

1) The belt line trim. I'm in need of all 6 pieces.

2) The stock mirrors.

3) The trim that covers the edge of the convertible top material. Need both stainless (long arcing pieces).

missingparts800x576.jpg

If this is your car, sorry in advance for stealing this pic. Found it while searching google images.

Jump in to the parts wanted forum and post this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ there so
you will get more members looking at it, they keep an eye on parts to help folks with
and you may find a supplier =D>

Great color choice for your (wife's) Valiant it's looking really good!
care to share what color that is and paint information? That might be a good choice for my 69 Valiant.
I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done!

Alan

Great color choice for your (wife's) Valiant it's looking really good!
care to share what color that is and paint information? That might be a good choice for my 69 Valiant.
I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done!

Alan

Thanks Alan. And no prob. Id be glad to share the paint info. I'll grab the code when I go to the shop in the morning and message you.

Classy choice of colors. What's the color under the hood going to be?

Classy choice of colors. What's the color under the hood going to be?

Thanks buddy. Im doing the engine bay semi-gloss for sure. Havent decided on motor color/ details yet. Im soaking in a lot of cool ideas on this site:D

This was the first plan for the rolling stock. Keeping things more on the original side, we were gonna keep the stock 13 inchers, painted to match, and the stock dog dishes. A new set of 185/70R13s completed the package.

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

But....

Then I decided to put some brakes on her. The stockers would no longer work with this new plan.

12", four piston Wilwoods for the front...

IMG_5292.jpg

Some of the brightwork headed to the chrome shop for a new finish. Bumpers are already there at the time of the picture...

IMG_20110603_124159.jpg

Starting to go together...

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

Carb rebuild time!!

IMG_2143.jpg

Adaptor plate and adjuster eyelet made for the Wilwood master cylinder...

IMG_2174-1.jpg

My original plan was to clean up the body and interior and let her drive it. But after thinking about it... how can I leave it like this under there? How can I put those pretty brakes on all that crap? Wasnt gonna happen.

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

Tear down complete...

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

Got word from Budnik that the Fontana Dish wheels wouldnt work with the offset and lug pattern. So we chose the G5. Here's the new rendering...

karag5.jpg

Wow, what a beaqutiful car, love the color too!! You do excellent work my friend :thumrigh:

Just found your thread. Like the way it is all coming together. Great color. Since you are working on a carb and its a 1 barrel, are you going with the rugged and true slant 6? Would open more eyes at the shows. Just a thought.

Just found your thread. Like the way it is all coming together. Great color. Since you are working on a carb and its a 1 barrel, are you going with the rugged and true slant 6? Would open more eyes at the shows. Just a thought.

Thank you. My wife can hardly wait!

Yes, the single barrel is gonna sit atop a slant 6. I love that thing, and coupled with the push button, its just so darn sweet.

I would like to get as much as I can out of the 225 (naturally aspirated). Any tips and tricks for me as I go through it to add some power? Ive been doing a lot of research and always welcome input that I can add to my folder.

-
Back