1964 Signet Convertible

-

Chuck Valiant

Beer Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Joe and I’ve been lurking on this site since last Christmas.

My brother-in-law decided that he just couldn’t give his first car the care it needed and asked me if I wanted it last Christmas Eve. My sister and he loved the Valiant so much that they named their band after it, Chuck Valiant.

I never gave my brother-in-law any guff for giving his car a guy’s name, he’s a nice guy. I’ve met some great women with male names so this girl’s name is Chuck.

Chuck sat for 5 years without being started, I got her home switch some things out and she started right away. I have a damper and carburetor on order and once I change those out, plus the front suspension, she could be a daily driver.

My plan is to get her back to mostly stock so it’s going to be a long haul of buying OE parts and saving lots of money.

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• Capture5.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Capture4.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Capture3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Capture6.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Capture.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 170
Welcome! I bet Chuck cleans up nicely, glad she found someone in the family to care for her.

Yep, it was time that "Chuck" came out of the closet...so to speak!! Thanks for showing Chuck the light of day again Joe, and welcome to FABO!! Geof

Joe & Chuck,
Welcome!!!

Nothing wrong with naming a car...boy or girl name...my MINI Cooper is named "Electra".

My Duster doesn't have a name...but my wife calls it "the other woman".

Paul

-
Back