1964 Valiant Signet 200 Hardtop

-
so it has been a little while since my last update. have been tinkering but not many pictures. Spent a lot of time cleaing out the broken glass and dirt and rotten carpet from the interior and cleaning up under-hood. Adjusted the valves, pulled cleaned and gapped the plugs, and picked up a dual resovoir master cylinder and prop valve. (turns out i cannot re-use the original pedal to master cylinder plunger... oh well. another part to pick up.) During the under-hood cleanup i noticed some...unique wiring. Take a peep at the pic of the hillbilly engineering. It appears that the original wire shorted at some point in time and one of the PO's (POS as id like to call him) replaced about a 2 foot scetion of the shorted wire with 2 pairs of household speaker wire. The sad thing is that the solder job was not a rookie one... My mind is boggled at why someone would do that versus spending $2 for a replacement wire that is correct.

Attachments

• 20110714140938.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 293
2 more pics. The barracuda fenders and grille making the car look less grocery-getter. came with no fenders, may as well eliminate those gawdy large swooshes.

Attachments

• 20110424131811.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 296
  • 20110430131521.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 299
Looking good! Those "gawdy large swooshes" are looking real good on my barracuda... Lol I am glad the rest of valiant went to a good home. Take lots of pics. Good luck!

I am glad you like the swooshes. Speaking of... did the fenders come with the staineless trim pieces (spear points)? I am also curious if you have filled in the holes at the top where the trim pieces go where turn signal indicators usually go. I got some of those original trim pieces and have no holes to mount them in and need measurements or a rubbing.

Cliff... Yes, these last updates are from yesterday.

The windshield is going to stay clean with two washer reservoirs.
:lol::lol:
One reservoirs went to the rear tires so you can stay in the car and put water down for a smoking burn out ;-)
Subscribed to this very nizzze build :thumleft::thumleft:

:lol::lol:
One reservoirs went to the rear tires so you can stay in the car and put water down for a smoking burn out ;-)
Subscribed to this very nizzze build :thumleft::thumleft:

Why didnt I think of that? DAH! Good suggestion. especially if i put a turbo in it.

I am glad you like the swooshes. Speaking of... did the fenders come with the staineless trim pieces (spear points)? I am also curious if you have filled in the holes at the top where the trim pieces go where turn signal indicators usually go. I got some of those original trim pieces and have no holes to mount them in and need measurements or a rubbing.

Cliff... Yes, these last updates are from yesterday.

Yeah, I got them as they were. Money talks! Pm me on what measurements you need at what points and I will help you out on those Cuda fenders. Did the fenders fit right on???

Yeah, I got them as they were. Money talks! Pm me on what measurements you need at what points and I will help you out on those Cuda fenders. Did the fenders fit right on???

yup, perfect fit.

I am looking for the measurements of the holes on the top leading edge where the trim pieces go as the valiant has them and cuda doesnt.

do you have a pic of the top of the fenders? i can point it out better that way

So I had some medical demons that put me on the backburner in life for the greater part of a year. I got those all ironed out and I am back at this beast. Last weekend spent a little time on her. Replaced the ignition lock tumbler assembly and I made a temporary "wiring harness" Just the essentials that I can hook up to the car to get it running. I havent started the car yet but I plan to this weekend & I will be spending some time with wrenches in my hands making something happen. not sure just what yet though.

It sure is nice to be back at it again.

So I had some medical demons that put me on the backburner in life for the greater part of a year. I got those all ironed out and I am back at this beast. Last weekend spent a little time on her. Replaced the ignition lock tumbler assembly and I made a temporary "wiring harness" Just the essentials that I can hook up to the car to get it running. I havent started the car yet but I plan to this weekend & I will be spending some time with wrenches in my hands making something happen. not sure just what yet though.

It sure is nice to be back at it again.

Glad you're well and welcome back

F***......YEAH! I love that "been stored in a carport for the past 25 years" look. Even certain aftermarket items from back in the day look cool, like that A/C. Hope you can clean it up and get it working. Seems like those A/C units with the old York compressors totally kick ***!

LMAO, the guy that put on 4 bumperettes must be the same guy that mounted dual washer tanks. We have all met "that guy" over the years. :D

Yup definitely....that old dude who had the FM signal booster, compass, coolant flush capped fitting on one of the heater hoses, aftermarket horns, extra toilet paper oil filter unit and side marker lights "fitted" to the quarter panels. :wack: :D

So this weekend i didnt have a lot of time. But i did get some odds and ends addressed, Including the front fender ornaments drilled.

Attachments

• fenderspear.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 163
I have a good lead on a complete 273 2bbl. Everything except exh manifolds. and its pretty cheap.

Stick with 6 or put a 273 in her? Swapping the tranny to an a833 anyway. Do it while the tranny is out?

What do you think?

-
Back