-
Status
Not open for further replies.

y0willy0

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, I'm just testing to waters to see if anyone is interested in my car. Also, I would love to hear what I should ask for the car locally since I have no idea of its value. I'll get some pics up ASAP but for now I'll just try to describe it the best I can-

Thanks in advance for any opinions-

So basically I drug this car out of a barn in SC where it had been sitting for about 15 years. Car is very straight with some surface rust, but no holes at all. I've had a bunch of Plymouth Furys and stuff in the past and especially underneath and in the trunk this car is exceptionally clean. Floors are great!

The interior is just okay... The rear seat was eaten pretty good and its currently all taped together. The dash vents are missing all their vanes and the front seat has been reupholstered at some point. The carpet is in good shape (not original) but looks like it was installed by a blind man. I got the heater and dome light working, and the dash lights appear to work well at night. All the knobs and gauges work fine.

The engine is a 170ci and also runs well. New plugs, wires, oil, and filter. Radiator was professionally serviced and new fluids there. New tranny fluid (shifts great), pushbutton auto. New motor mounts (only one of them currently installed, other is in fine shape but have new one for buyer). Haven't rebuilt the carb yet but have the kit, will probably do that in the near future but it works great as-is (just something I like to do). Intake and exhaust manifolds have been off the car and new gaskets/hardware installed. No exhaust leaks in pipe.

New torsion bars up front, gas tank patched, new rubber and sending unit. Trunk mat was pieced back together, plus new weatherstripping back there (one of several rubber parts ordered from Gary Goers). New sunvisors. All the lights work. All the chrome and metal on the car is in fantastic shape. Installed a new grille (have original). All the wiring is in fantastic shape, new battery. New tires. New bearings in the alternator (it was just noisy, charges fine). Brakes work very well! New wheel bearings and cylinders, new master cylinder.

Really the car is just a great little driver with some surface rust and a crappy back seat. Everything else is nice! I've used it to commute occasionally since I've gotten it fixed up and will have the DMV guy inspect it soon so I get the title in hand. Has the original manual and service manual. All the wheels and spare original, all the original jack stuff included. Even has the jack instructions still stuck to the trunk. Original build sheet under the back seat, car basically had no options. No radio, no backup lights, no nothing. Headliner and glass all look good, including exterior lenses.

I bought the car for very little and know exactly what I have in it. I would like to keep the car because I really do enjoy it, but I bought a house last summer and have had a bad run-in with a shady contractor. I'm afraid I just can't keep it and be happy with everything else going on in life.

Like I said I would love if one of you guys would like to buy it, but if you could help me price it for local sale I'd appreciate that as well. It's a great little driver but probably could be described as having a beater look to it. I have some cool vintage plates on it too... I guess the buyer can have those.

I'll have pics soon. Please let me know what additional information might be critical to a potential buyer. I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

Thanks again guys! I hope it sounds like I did everything right.

00528348.jpg

00529137.jpg

00529138.jpg

00529139.jpg

00529140.jpg

00529141.jpg

00529142.jpg

00529143.jpg

00529144.jpg

00529145.jpg

Thanks for the interest so far, abodyjoe.

I can get more pictures of whatever you guys want... I know this batch doesn't have much of the interior.

This was a couple months ago; its been cleaned up a bit since then.

I hope you mean "doesnt seem!"

It isnt in primer; at some point in the past someone painted it a pale blue. The original tan paint is popping through in places (along with surface rust).

Those places could be easily treated if someone was doing a full resto; so far in the project I have only been concerned with driveability/safety. I think it looks cool-

I dont think the pictures do the bumpers and trim justice personally...

A few more things I thought of that Ive done to it are: the return cam in the turn signal was changed out, works great. Also the car has a new battery tie-down as well as one new cable. I also changed out the small rubber piece that attaches the throttle rod to the carb. New wiper blades (work great). New heater core (old one was leaking, surprise). New hoses under the hood. There is a new grounding strap on the gas tank as well-

As these things keep coming to me I will continue updating the thread. Thanks again!

i am slightly interested.. but whats the price..

thanks..
and thats a neat little car

There might be more interest if we knew you weren't setting us up for a Craigslist Crackhead price. Put a number on it. It is in the for sale section after all.

Unfortunately that's my problem! I don't want to be a Craigslist Crackhead, but I don't really know where to price this thing. All I know is "I can always go down."

Just because I know how well it drives and how well everything works I'm going to start at $4,000. It truly was a genuine "barn find" and the condition of the metal (except for the highlighted spots) is truly great.

I do enjoy the car and hate that my being swindled while remodeling my first house is forcing its sale. I recognize and appreciate the help that Ive received regarding this project for a couple months now; some of you might have seen the other threads I posted asking questions about this vehicle. I'm only on this website because of this project-

That being said I know you guys will be fair in indicating if my price is too high and might point me to something more reasonable. I'm under the impression that a lot of these vanilla Valiants have been cannibalized to keep the nicer ones running. I like that my car has this "plain" feel to it.

I know its no Roadrunner with a big Hemi and a ton of deletes, but its interesting in its own way. Im glad that there is already so much interest in it!

Im pretty much immune to verbal abuse so feel free to lob any criticism at me that you feel I deserve. Id like help with pricing this car for local sale as well. I know some of you fellows are out of state and thats worth consideration if youre truly interested in this vehicle.

Im not in a huge hurry to sale it with the holidays approaching and everything, but I wanted to go ahead and get it out there. Like I said I bought the car out of SC and its now registered in NC, but I need to get a DMV guy out here before I physically have the title (it is a clean title, however).

Feel free to start shooting me PMs and maybe we can set up a chat on the phone.

Thanks again,

Id say its a $1500 to $2500 range car. they are cool cars but demand is pretty low for early a's that are PB slant cars
just my 2 cents dont shoot the messenger

Nope thats the Craigslist Crackhead price!! Its a sedan /6. It is an auto, so its worth about 1000, with the rust that is seen, how is the trunk and floors?

Trunk and floors are great. I can probably get pictures of them after Christmas.

Very hectic time!

So these aren't even $3000 cars? Don't worry I'm not here to shoot any messengers; I'm here to learn!

nope not 3k cars in the condition yours is in-- maybe if a survivor car with original good paint. I have a 66 2 door post that is still in my yard due to lack of interest. good luck with your sale, Lawrence

Attachments

• copwheels 083 (Large).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 826
Bought a 64 signet hrdtp in 2010. Fresh paint, new seat covers and carpet. New brakes, aluminum American Racing wheels. Other repro parts from Laysons. $2700

Attachments

• Karas64.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 812
I dont think im in bad enough shape right now to need less than $1000 or less than $2000 for that matter!

Thanks for all the opinions so far anyway! I just like to be thorough in my research.

Yeah like I said, its a sedan /6 there just is no market for them. as you can see there are lots of other great buys that need nothing for the price you want.

Bump TTT

Would like to see if there is any interest in this vehicle, where you're located, and what price you're interested in!

Worst I can say is "no," but there are other projects to attend to! :)

So what exactly do ya think you want for the car? I have been wanting another 64 valiant. Really want a signet 200 but a post car may do.

Bumping this back up to the top. Completely rebuilt the motor (great project), more pictures to follow.

Thanks guys,

Ok so I am still interested. Just got the new CPI Black Book a week ago. For a /6 Sedan Good condition 2675, Fair 1475. By the pictures I think your below fair in the 1000 range.

A Signet V8 car is 3825 Good, Fair 2100. Thats for a Hard Top, yours is a sedan. I am still interested I need a front end for my 65, or put all my Hopped up V8 stuff into a six. Granted yours is a sedan, not my first choice, but interested in the fenders, hood, bumpers and part it out…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back