-
Status
Not open for further replies.

360val

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a 273 and trans from a floor shift car. I am located in Australia and need it to complete my 1965 AP6 Valiant. I will organise all shipping and transport. thanks Matt

he needs a '65 Ball and Trunion output and probably a cable shift, not a 66 slip yoke.

"The Torqueflite transmission itself was unchanged by the move from pushbuttons to the column selector, at least in the first year; for 1965 only, the column selector activated the transmission through the same kind of cables that had previously been put in motion by pushbuttons. For 1966, the transmission was changed to be activated by a single-rod linkage, and the reverse blocker valve, which shifted earlier transmissions into Neutral if Reverse was selected while the car was moving forward, was dropped because the new gear selectors had physical blockouts to make it difficult to shift into Reverse unintentionally."

So may not be a match...

Matt,
I have a 318/2bbl attached to a 904 with the correct cable shift/ball and trunion output shaft. It was in my '65 Valiant. I thought it was a 273 until I pulled it. It is a very good running motor and great shifting transmission. I also have the console/shifter/brackets if needed. I'd like to get $750 for the setup. I have some commando 273 dress up stuff (valve cover, breather decal) if you'd like. I wasn't planning on selling it, but will offer it up here.
David

thanks mate, but need a 273 to keep my car original. hopefully someone out there as what I need for a decent price!!

I also have most 273 parts to build a 273, or can get a complete 273 from a guy here in town. Let me know.

I am looking for a 273 and trans from a floor shift car. I am located in Australia and need it to complete my 1965 AP6 Valiant. I will organise all shipping and transport. thanks Matt
I may have what your looking for.....have 65 273 block,heads crank etc...and 65 cable console trans with shifter...pm me thanks Kenn

I've got it too. Complete 273 2bbl, minus exh manifolds. I have the pulleys, carb, everything. Motor is stuck so I don;t know what's what in it. Also have the matching '65 cables shift trunion 904 and convertor. If you have another trans, I would rather keep the trans. But, if you're serious and the price is right I'd let the thing go. Pm me if you're interested.

I have the 273 and cable trans, etc., including stock exhaust manifolds...
$800 plus shipping from Nevada, USA, 89701

Let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back