1965 273 intake Q?

-

Patch

Patch
Reaction score
Hi all...I have a 65 273 4 barrel intake manifold.....Casting number 2465726.
I think I have heard from different people that the intake bolt holes on the 65 manifold are different angles than the 66 and up....I dropped it on my 360 this afternoon....and I dont see the issue.....am I missing something? Is it a small difference? Thanks!!!:-D

Yes, It will drop on there perfectly. Only until you go to put the bolts in will you come to the realization that your screwed. They are at a different angle on some. You can even look through and see the hole so you think everything is OK. But it is at a different angle.

Hi all...I have a 65 273 4 barrel intake manifold.....Casting number 2465726.
I think I have heard from different people that the intake bolt holes on the 65 manifold are different angles than the 66 and up....I dropped it on my 360 this afternoon....and I dont see the issue.....am I missing something? Is it a small difference? Thanks!!!:-D

Try to install a bolt and look at the angle of the bolt verus the angle of the intake's mounting surface.

Ya, thats too bad. I ran into that back in the 80's on my first barracuda. It sucked. I bet someone would trade you. Try oldschoolcuda, or '64 cuda.

Drill the holes out. It's been done many times.

To do it right a machine shop should alter the hole angle and cut a small counterbore in the cast for the bolt head to set on. Most repair shops would just hog the hole out with drill bit when installing later heads on the early engines

-
Back