-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1969cudaman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I'm asking $75 plus shipping. The valve covers are both drivers side covers which were used as a set. The passenger side has small lip cut to clear the intake? The valve covers had a good seal and didn't leak when mounted. Other than that, they're in great shape with no dings and the cooling fins look great!

drop me an email at [email protected]

svalvecovers.jpg

FYI, the aluminum pieces on top are not cooling fins or heat sinks. They aren't functional ... except for holding your plug wires if you have the proper plastic inserts. :-D

FYI, the aluminum pieces on top are not cooling fins or heat sinks. They aren't functional ... except for holding your plug wires if you have the proper plastic inserts. :-D

Yeah, they use the same inserts as the 426 Hemi. But, even though they are not soley designed for heat dissapation, they will provide that function, due to the increased surface area, and the aluminum composition.

Yeah, they use the same inserts as the 426 Hemi. But, even though they are not soley designed for heat dissapation, they will provide that function, due to the increased surface area, and the aluminum composition.

If the heat can make it past the glue their mounted with....

I wasn't aware silicone even existed in 1965. I know none of it made it to the shop I worked at, until much later. Then many mechanics started using that blue crap on everything, it was awful.

I know a little about heat disapation, one of our good customers, makes nothing but heat sinks. If the valve cover was not helping with heat disapation, I should be able to lay the inside of my arm on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back