1965 904 shift detent adjustment

-

BKCowGod

Reaction score
This should be an easy one for somebody, but for some reason I can't find clarity anywhere. My trans works perfectly, shifts perfectly, except that the gear label and indents on the column are not lined up properly. In other words, if I go into the indents for Drive, the indicator is pointing between D and 2, and is just far enough over that the trans falls into 2nd. If I manually point the indicator at D, then all is well. Same for reverse and neutral.

I really don't want to mess with the adjustments at the tranny if that's not where the issue is - guidance and instructions appreciated. Is there an adjustment at the column to move the indents counterclockwise 1/4"?

Can you just jack the column over 1/4? I get your issue and I don't think a cable adjustment would do anything unless you could adjust the sheath length at the trans

Not sure moving the whole column left or right would do me any good as the issue is rotational. The '65 does have adjustment at the trans - just can't tell for sure if that is where I need to make my adjustments for this particular issue.

-
Back