-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacuda

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I am selling my 1965 Barracuda due to loss of my job. Car s located near Birmingham Alabama and it is almost completely done and is a really beautiful car. I took a very nice 273 4 speed car and used is to create a Formula S tribute to use all of the parts from my total basket case Formula S that was the donor car for many of the parts. I DID NOT change any vin plates or fender tags.

The Good:
*99% Rust free car to start with, only rust a small spot behind the drivers seat and there were a few small perforations in the outer quarter skin due to southern dirt roads as this was a Georgia/Alabama car it's whole life.
*painted Viper Red with matte black Barracuda Sport Stripe (correct dimension) and interior metals are painted to match
*All Black New Legendary interior
*New headliner
*New Visors
*All new ACC Carpet
*low mileage was showing on the odometer before restoration (~70K)
*correct 65 Formula S intake and Carter AFb
*NOS Formula S emblems
*Lots of NOS stuff under the hood
*Commando wrinkle finish valve covers (done by Leanna, the Mistress of Metal, aka cudachik)
*Commando chrome breather
*Commando chrome pcv and and oil filler cap
*two Original side view mirrors
*Faux "original Green Cap" battery topper
*all trim is complete
*I can include the New Cragars and BFG's that have less than 1 mile on them (roll on/off trailer, around shop, etc) or I can include the original 14 inch wide rims with correct Formula S 14 inch wheel covers that are in really nice shape

The Bad:
I am currently finishing the small details that include
*installing an NOS Formula S/Commando 273 resonator
*hooking up the dash wiring
*small carpet details(in back area)
*bleeding the brakes (new master Cylinder, may install new wheel cylinders if they arrive before sold)
*Not a true Commando engine, but it ran strong before the work began (donor car motor was locked up and was an auto)
*I am including the Commando Sway Bar and Lower control arms with correct tabs. I didn't install them because the alignment was dead on and i don't want to mess with it before the show.

The Ugly:
I haven't started the car since I have finished the work done on it. I hurried to get it ready for a show (World of Wheels, won my class) so a few of the details mentioned above were left undone.

Car is registered in my name but since it is a Pre '75 Alabama car THERE IS NO TITLE, bill of sale only.

I will be trailering it to a friend's shop on Monday to get the remaining details worked out, start it, and begin driving a little to insure it is road worthy.

I have sunk a lot of money and time into this project and I will never get all of that back.
I am asking $18,500 but will entertain all offers and possibly a trade for vehicles listed below (that I could use as a daily driver). I will also be running it through the JMark Auction Sept 4-5 in Birmingham, Alabama. Car is for sale locally as well. I'd love for one of y'all to have first shot at it and who knows, one day you may have it for sale!

I will upload better pictures, these were screen shots from an iPad and aren't great. Car is beautiful!

Omni GLH/Shelby Charger
all mopar Ratrod (dreaming)
dodge Quad cab
possibly others

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 3,403
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3,410
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,394
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 3,393
Update:
I have installed a new master cylinder, new brake hoses, 4 new Brake cylinders, new shoes and new kits on all four wheels. Drums freshly turned, and discovered that the rear brakes are the rare and desirable 10" rear drums (and drivers side also has right hand thread lugs on rear wheel, why???)
I have drained and flushed the gas tank and lines, will crank it when it comes down off the rack this week.
I will be putting in a new battery and positive battery cable (will still have the faux green top battery cover)
Found a few blemishes (dents) in the rear passenger side valence and small sent in passenger rocker. None is visible unless on a rack.
Also, discovered the transmission is a more modern overdrive unit with slip joint instead of original ball and trunion unit.
I have done more work, however I have lowered to a new price of $17,500 or make me an offer.
I need to get as much money back from this investment as i can to put in a reserve savings due to job loss.
Thanks,

David
aka bamacuda
Front end needs rebuilt and will do this should car not sell in the auction. It will be a total rebuild, with a PST kit.

Well I am working now at a much lower rate of pay, no benefits. I still would like to sell, however, I am still not able to lower the price too much. Money talks.

I can help with delivery costs if it sells, or trailer it within 250 miles of Birmingham and meet you if travel expenses are paid.

David, the car looks awesome. Did you finish the front end rebuild?

David, the car looks awesome. Did you finish the front end rebuild?

Not yet. I am dead out of money!!! I will rebate to any buyer the cost of a front end kit.

I drove it to a cruise-in and it took all the attention away from the bowties and ovals!

I am going to try this one more time.
Due to continued unemployment, I am selling my 65 Barracuda Formula S Tribute Car. Has a 273 4 bbl 4 speed.
Looks great, runs great.

$16,000 Firm

maybe someone needs to create a thread to discuss all of the various title issues in each state.
I need this to be about the sale guys. I need to sell it.

Commentary is NOT allowed in For Sale forums. Relevant questions ONLY!

Morning. I am surprised your barracuda has not sold. It is a beautiful car from what I can see in the photos. Is it now roadworthy as it sits? Any return of the rust issues you mentioned early on? Wiring issue taken care of? Can't tell for sure - but is it manual steering? Does the car drive well? thanks Dave Augusta, Ga

Morning. I am surprised your barracuda has not sold. It is a beautiful car from what I can see in the photos. Is it now roadworthy as it sits? Any return of the rust issues you mentioned early on? Wiring issue taken care of? Can't tell for sure - but is it manual steering? Does the car drive well? thanks Dave Augusta, Ga

I have been driving the car to various functions (cruise-ins, church, college basketball games, picking my daughter up at school-the boys think she is so cool!). I have seen no issues with the areas that were rusted as they were very insignificant and were dealt with properly. The wiring is fine, I just had the wrong harness and everything was not matching. The right one is in now and all is well. It is manual steering but other than trying to turn around while not rolling, manual steering is not really an issue on the early a-bodies. It drives pretty well, however, the clutch needs to be adjusted a bit for my tastes and i haven't done that yet. I still need to put in the rear axel bearings and rear shocks. I have them, but no time as i am searching for a job and can't spare any time for it.

Hope that helps,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back