1965 barracuda advise wanted

-

Ooh barracuda

Reaction score
I just purchased this 1965 barracuda and it was just restored and is completly numbers matching..... The advise I need is I bought this car with the intension to install a newer hemi engine in it., well everyone that has seen this cartels me to leave it alone and not to alter it......I r,Wally do nt want to change anything except the engine I will Ty to post a few pics please let me know your thoughts..Thanks

Well, what is there now?
It is your car now, what do you want?
Newer hemi can fit, not a fast project. Lots of details in the installation.

If it is a plain /6 car toss it out and go for it. If it is a S V8 car I might have to consider what I would do. The quality of the restoration would definitely play a roll in what happened.

How about some pictures?

I would say leave it if you already have a v8 car hell even if you have a good running slanty car .

image-2.jpg

No such thing as matching numbers in 65. The engine and trans were not vin stamped.

Do whatever mods you want, just save the old parts and don't do anything that isn't reversible if you are worried about originality.

Ok so no VIN but the engine is dated and matches the date on the fender tag.

Im not going to get pulled into this any farther, just go with....

"Do whatever mods you want, just save the old parts and don't do anything that isn't reversible if you are worried about originality."

And you will be good. Originality only really matters on performance models (Formula S, GTS and such) anyway.

Even then, it only matters to some.

Ok holy crap leave that car alone !
I know BUT I bought this off an elder man that ownes a body shop and it is all original restored with only 27K miles.... I really want to put a hemi in it BUT everyone tells me not to do it SO, just want opinions here thank you

Yup, that's a nice car, I wouldn't dick with it.

If you want more power, put in a nice cam and do a little head work.
Thats already been done...... I bought this car under 10K dollars and I have a hemi sitting in the garage waiting to be installed..........I own several other cars Just not sure what to do

Many years ago early 90's I drove my 65 Barracuda to the Mopar Nationals in Englishtown NJ which was my one owner car, a year prior to the show I chopped the top 7 inches by cutting the windshield posts and adding metal to the top itself than sinking the top into the rear quarters and the entire rear glass down to the bumper. Persons said I totally ruined it, many asked me why I would do such a thing and do I know what the car was worth stock. I said yes I do, 2 grand at its peak in stock form. I sold the car to a Japanese guy for 12 grand a week later.

Bottom line is this, do what you want as long as it looks esthetically correct and drives exactly the way it should and be problem free. F**k what others think..

Thats already been done...... I bought this car under 10K dollars and I have a hemi sitting in the garage waiting to be installed..........I own several other cars Just not sure what to do

You are a grown man. Make a decision and go with it. It's your car and this is starting to go in circles.

We gave you our recommendations.

I know BUT I bought this off an elder man that ownes a body shop and it is all original restored with only 27K miles.... I really want to put a hemi in it BUT everyone tells me not to do it SO, just want opinions here thank you
Well i will give you my opinion. Start with a barracuda that aint so good leave that girl alone . You would be better off taking a slant car like mine and riping it apart .

Attachments

• 33930254062_large.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 356
Ok ..........I think its hemi time and I will not alter anything except the engine..... in fact, I will even leave the 14 inch white wall tires and hub caps on it ..It will look the same except the engine.

Its a nice ride... personally i'd leave it it alone. If you have several other cars maybe the Hemi would be more suited to one of those??? Or perhaps a future project? my 2 cents!!

Ok ..........I think its hemi time and I will not alter anything except the engine..... in fact, I will even leave the 14 inch white wall tires and hub caps on it ..It will look the same except the engine.

Without traction and the addition of a stronger rear end, the swap is pointless.

Assuming you have a 7 1/4" rear.

Well now that you are going to put more power to it you also have to think better brakes and rear end that 7 1/4 will not hold up to long if you flog it to much

-
Back